Airport Skyway Lodge
US$131
US$111
US$103
Travelocity
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 July 2009

Amazing place, have stayed there 3 different times because of the service and hard work that scott puts into his guests. I arrived in Auckland seperately with my gf and I was arriving later so I wanted to make sure my gf was taken care of. At 1045 pm scott went to the airport and picked my gf up which I thought was amazing as it was very late. I arrived at 1 am and scott was still up and was waiting to make sure I arrived ok. Lovely place and im going to be heading back for the 4th time just because of how conveinent and close it is to the airport and because of the cleanliness,service and atmosphere. Top notch place and I HIGHLY recomend it.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2009

I booked a double room for my partner and myself.

When we arrived early, we were not really welcomed well or informed clearly that rooms were not ready to be checked into.

Walking through the lodge, carpets were well worn and dirty. It was not at all appealing so my partner and i were not looking forward to seeing the rooms or staying there.

we asked for a refund as the lodge does not really look anything like it is advertised on the internet! we were refused as the lady manager/owner did not really seem to understand my point that we were not staying as it did not look like the quality of room advertised on the net. we were given half our money back.....

there are much better accomodation options on the same road for the same price with free drops off to the airport.

be wary of what you see advertised on the net and shop around instead!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank wotwot1
Reviewed 31 December 2008

Skyway Lodge is a fabulous choice for late evening arrivals or early morning departures from Auckland International Airport.

Just minutes away, Skyway lodge offers generous private rooms or dormitory beds at backpacker prices. A spacious great room and kitchen provide guests with plenty of space and comfort to relax and share information and experiences in a warm, intimate atmosphere.

Large enough to virutally guarantee year-round availability, but small enough to enable Scott and his wife to assure personalized service, including free airport transfers any time of the day or night.

There is also a public bus stop directly across the street that offers the most affordable transport into the heart of the city and almost anywhere else as well as a grocery store, liquor shop, farmers market and restaurants within 5 minutes walk.

Not ideal for long-term stays, I suppose, but much better than anywhere else in the immediate vicinity of the airport, which is a surprisingly pleasant semi-rural residential area.

I will definitely stay there again next time.

Best regards,

Daniel Lintz
Tokyo, Japan

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank lintz93
Reviewed 17 July 2008

A pretty basic style of accommodation a couple of notches above a backpacker but certainly not plush. Good value at the price.

Very helpful and courteous owners Scott and Judy make no pretence about the set up and aim to keep it clean, comfortable, simple and friendly. They will also collect and return to airport at any hour and at a reasonable cost, which is a great bonus.

Motel units are OK. Rooms in main house are either ensuite or share bathrooms. Shared kitchen/Dining/common room with TV and external pool/BBQ area.

Great for stopovers only 5-10 minutes from the airport, but still 45minutes into town. A bus stop right outside gets you there for next to nothing.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank RichardE_8
Reviewed 17 July 2008

PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ - ESPECIALLY IF YOUR A WOMEN TRAVELLING ALONE -
**********************************************************************
I booked a room by phone after visiting the hotels website. I specifically asked for my own room at the time of booking and advised that i didnt mind sharing the kitchens and bathrooms.

I arrived late at the hotel (approx 10.30pm) and was shown to my room. I was horrified to be shown to a motel unit shared by another 2 females in which i was unable to lock my room. The Manager had to wake these 2 women up as they had put the latch on the door so that i could be shown to my room.

I refused to sleep there due to the fact i wanted a room that i could lock my door, especially as i didnt know the other women i was sharing a motel unit with.

I was then given a motel unit to sleep in. I went into the kitchen to make myself a cup of tea. The cups were all very dirty and i had to wash one up before i could use it. I was suprised to see that there was no milk in the fridge either.

I was woken on several occasions by banging and the sound of the Manager asking the 2 women in the motel unit next to me to open the door.

I didnt feel safe at all. Especially as i heard the latch on my front door go.

Then at 1am in the morning as id drifted off to sleep, i was awoken to an unknown women standing in the motel kitchen. I believe she was the owner???

I was TERRIFIED. I didnt know who this women was and why she was standing there. I was given no reason why.

Terrified i got dressed and went to see the person who had shown me to my room but i was unable to contact him. At this time the women was still walking in the motel unit.

I was about to leave and was then asked by the women for my keys, I demanded my $60 back which i got and so i handed back the keys.

As i left she did a gester to refer to me as crazy. I asked her what type of place she was running!!

So I DO NOT recommend staying here. I booked here because the lonely planet recommended it and it was near to the airport. I think i would have rather spent an extra $40 and felt safe and had a goods night sleep.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled solo