“Good Value Budget Hotel”

Auckland Airport Pacific Inn
and 1 more site!
Auckland Airport Pacific Inn
Ranked #19 of 23 Hotels in Mangere
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Good Value Budget Hotel”
Reviewed 20 August 2012

It is close to the airport - a five minute drive. Small, budget room, but clean and well equipped. Housekeeping a little careless - no milk and the fuses for all the electric plugs on one wall had blown so no bed-side lamps. Thin walls so we heard the TV from the neighbouring room. On the plus side, they don't charge the earth. No wi-fi but free use of a computer in the hall outside the room.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
southend on sea
Reviewed 1 June 2012

Stayed her for I night and as we arrived by bus, they picked us up from, and dropped us off at the airport with no hassles and helpful with baggage. The room was clean, well equiped and comfortable bed. The reception area was a bit worn but I think this is the next area they are decorating as room looked recently painted.Very good position as buffet resteraunt next door but one which we didnt try as looked a bit run down, but just another 5 min walk down road is a small supermarket, bakery/cafe and 2 restaurants and we ate in the Indian restaurant where the food was excellent.Ask in hotel reception for discount vouchers for the resteraunts.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mick R
Hamilton, New Zealand
Reviewed 15 May 2012

Absolutely loved staying here. They have probably the best, friendliest and most helpful hotel staff. They greeted us with a big smile. The room that we stayed in was well above my expectation. Nice big flat screen tv, really comfortable sofa set, bright spacious room. Stayed there for three days initially and then extended 2 more days. My fav was the free wireless internet. They transfered us to the airport early next morning.

I am going to stay here everytime I come to Auckland.

Room Tip: Ask for deluxe room towards the back of building.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Rajiv R
Guernsey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Good hotel smoking balcony good amenities close by and free shuttle to and from the airport

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mick242424
Auckland
Reviewed 4 March 2012

I booked and stayed in this motel yesterday, Sunday the 04/03/2012, along with me was my 3 year old daughter.

The service was good, the room was of an acceptable standard, bed comfortable, lounge suite great and bathroom fabulous. There was no doubt about that. However in saying that my daughter went to bed with no bites and woke up with bites all over her body. I addressed my concern today at 1.30pm today and was appalled by the service received. I am astounded by the reply received from a female staff member and then her manager on top of that.

I have never felt so belittled in my life. It was more like they were accusing me of being dishonest and then requesting me to pay for the service of a pest controller? and asking me if I was only after a refund, too which I wasnt at first but then after the service received, by all means I now am. The staff that I spoke to today were absolutely rude and injust in how they responded to my concern regarding the nature of my 3 year olds bites on her body. I took her to the doctors and they confirmed they were bed mite bites. The manager there kept saying they dont know that cause they never saw her body the night we checked in, so to me, that has come across as not being a concern to them but being more concerned about them giving me a special price for my room (too which again, i had no issues about).

I do not recommend this motel to anyone after this experience with them.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Lasela T
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 23 February 2012

nice place, very friendly staff , clean and nice big rooms but prices for singles should be cheaper

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Sudhir_Rajagopal
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 12 January 2012

Stayed here for a day before my trip back home. It was great value for money. The rooms were clean and spacious. I was very pleased with the quick shuttle service and the friendly staff. Free Wireless internet. I definitely recommend them.

Room Tip: Ask for the deluxe room.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo