“Disgusting”

Ranked #18 of 23 Hotels in Mangere
Bellara
“Disgusting”
Reviewed 19 June 2013

The room I booked on line was nothing like the room I got It is also advertised as Auckland Pacific Inn but when I arrived it also had budget motel under the Auckland Airport Pacific Inn sign There was a double bed double bunks and a single bed in my room I had booked single suite room I was concerned re the cleanliness I would not recommend to anyone

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Stay one night here..11 June 2013..reading other comments about the place, I thought OMG what have I got myself into..I was in for a big surprise ..we are FIFO from oz and regularly have night stop overs either Brizzy or Auckland, we no doubt have crossed afew motel off our never ever to stay again to list....Pacific Inn was no doubt above standard, paying $79..our check in was 5mins, very friendly and hassle free..(quick note Always print out your reservation itinerary ). Our room was clean, as was our mattress,protector, blanket..(first thing we inspect)....bed comfy, an electric blanket, must have in NZ heheh....big 42 inch plasma, skysports an other channels..kettle,toaster,microwave, heater...outside enclosed room, stop the traffic noise....FREE shuttle bus to/from airport...any hour goshhhh, no complaints from us mate!...an finally FREE WiFi..gee, we will definitely be staying again at PACIFIC INN..good on ya mate....

Room Tip: Free shuttle, Wifi, grab some food at nearby countdown, Mackers,subway on the way to Motel from air...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Seafood009
Kaitaia, Northland, New Zealand
Reviewed 9 June 2013

We booked to stay here in March 2013 for May 2013as we were going on our first ever overseas trip to rarotonga as a family and online it said this was the closet accomodation to the airport. The week before we were due to make the 5 hour drive to Auckland I rung to re confirm our booking which they had no record of. I re booked and confirmed that they had secure parking where we could leave our car and a shuttle service which they confirmed. When we arrived the in was not as it appeared on the website. I went to check in and after much searching finally found my booking I paid and we proceeded to the "secure parking" area where while parking our car we witnessed a man moving a car and smashing into another car. When confronted and asked him about it where he confirmed he was an employee and apparently unaware he had hit the other car which we found unlikely as we had seen and heard it from across the car park. He shrugged it off and said it was not his usual job. By now we were feeling very uneasy about leaving our car there for 10 days especially being told we would need to leave our car keys with them?? We left our luggage in the car to check out the room. The restaurant advertised on the web site was closed until further notice which blew our plan for dinner. The room seemed ok but we did not feel confident about leaving our car there especially when on advising the manager what we had witnessed he shrugged his shoulders and walked off!!Also we had been told we could not order a shuttle for the time we wanted as it stated online but would have to go when they could take us! We left the key and decided to try our luck looking for somewhere else to stay which at alot of extra stress and expense we found. I rung the Pacific Inn that night to tell them why we would not be staying there and asked for a refund. They said I would not get one as they could not prove what I was saying. I was not too worried by this point as I was just over the whole thing but wanted them to cancel the booking I had made for the night we returned home. When we returned and were driving home I received a call on my cell at around 11pm asking me where we were??? I checked my bank account when I got home and they had reversed my payment then taken it out of my account again. They were totally un professional and I would never recommend them to anyone!!

Room Tip: Do not stay here!!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Leanne G

Travellers are raving about these Mangere hotels

Nelson, New Zealand
Reviewed 29 May 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Motel on 10th May and although we expected budget we were shocked at the service and also the T.V. wasn't working so insisted on a change of room. We managed to get by with the one night. To our horror we found we were charged an extra night for 11th May. I had originally booked for the 11th May through "Late Rooms" but had cancelled this months ago and have the email from "Late Rooms" as a receipt of our cancellation. I phoned the motel and they gave me an email address (info@pacificinn.co.nz) to contact. I have sent several emails a day to this email address for the last 6 days and have had no response whatsoever. I have now placed the matter with my Visa card disputes section but will continue to bombard the motel with emails as I consider they are cheats and probably don't want to give me my money back. All I can say, is stay, away, they can't be trusted.

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 450Eileen450
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 29 May 2013

My niece and I were going to Australia to visit family. The 3am wake up call did not come so we missed the 4am shuttle. The Driver was so unbelievably rude and obnoxious as he thought we were to blame for the fact the phone in our room was broken (we later found out) and both bed lamps did not work, He screamed at us both and told me if I did not shut up he would throw me and my bags out onto the road. He left us in the front of the International Airport with a 'shut up' as I suggested he should not deal with a situation such a this.
I believe them to be a family new in business and new in country. The return trip was nasty as well as I did not want to stay and tried to explain to them what had happened first visit. They did not give a damn. Simply not interested. They asked if I had been thrown out and when I said 'no' they said 'oh well that is alright then'. I have seriously condensed these comments. I paid the nights accommodation and left to hear the younger Manager and his wife absolutely screaming at each other. I look back on it now and LOL. Hopefully they have learnt from this nasty experience to take care of the customer in future.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank 293JAMES
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 29 April 2013

Bearing in mind this is a budget motel, the bed was comfy, the room was quiet with a closed in deck area at the front of the room that acts as a barrier to traffic noise, and the service was fine, although relaxed and airport pick up/delivery was great. The only bad thing was the bed/sheets smelt like stale cigarette smoke and an ashtray is provided in the deck area for people to smoke. If you dont smoke and you dont like sleeping in/around other peoples smoking smells dont stay here. I wont stay here again for that reason, but everything else was fine for an over night stop.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 April 2013

Great access to and from the airport. Free shuttle when you need it. Staff were friendly and helpful. Compared to other big name hotels in the area rates were reasonable, especially for adding extra guests.

• Stayed April 2013