“Too short a stay at Tree of Life” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tree of Life Resort & Spa Jaipur

Tree of Life Resort & Spa Jaipur
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Kookas
Zurich, Switzerland
“Too short a stay at Tree of Life”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

Unfortunately we only stayed 2 nights at the Tree of Life in Jaipur in our 2 week trip to India but it was for us the best hotel we stayed in. The attention to detail was fantastic and all the staff were very helpful, friendly and professional. We wished we could have spent more time at the resort and will definitely add that comment to our feedback to the company we travelled with. It was great to have the peace and quiet around us which we rarely experienced in India although that meant we were a taxi drive from the main sights. A beautiful resort and we highly recommend it.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
treeoflifejaipur, Owner at Tree of Life Resort & Spa Jaipur, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Dear Guest,

I am so glad to read that we were your "best hotel" during your 2 weeks travel in India. Thank you so much for your very kind words about our Villas, the staff, the cuisine and all that went into making your stay with us memorable.

Yes, I do agree with you that an additional night would have given you the opportunity to explore our surroundings, visit the school, meet with our friendly villagers and do a bit more than the regular sight seeings. May be this is a reason to come back again for a longer stay !

It is also very kind of you to recommend us to others who may be visiting Jaipur. Thank you once again for sharing your Tree of Life experience with other travellers.

Himmat

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Lymington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

A clean friendly haven of tranquility in a lovely area. Wonderful service and superb food. The individual bungalows are fantastic with utopian facilities. The central tipping stops you being hassled al the time. A free massage when you arrive distresses you completely and sets you up to enjoy a magical dinner. Can't recommend it higher!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LymingtonSailorman
treeoflifejaipur, Owner at Tree of Life Resort & Spa Jaipur, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Coming from a seasoned traveller as you, I am delighted to read your very kind words on your recent Tree of Life experience.

Yes, the spacious and well appointed villas, the huge calm space and serene surroundings all add to beauty of being at the Tree of Life. Added to this, is my wonderful team which goes out of it's way in providing a warm and attentive service.

Thank you once again for taking the time to share your experience with a wider audience.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

This would probably come across as a strange review coming out of an unpleasant check-out experience as the entire stay was excellent but the check-out was anti climax!
Fellow travelers,
I had finalized Tree of Life Resort for a very special day (14th Feb 2014) and I am glad that I eventually chose a 2 night package at this resort as a surprise gift for my wife.
Right from the moment we entered the resort and completed the check-in process, everything looked just so perfect!
We were simply awestruck by the pool villa, the overall service standards were outstanding & the food was scrumptious too (bit expensive though).
The staff’s attitude was so very friendly and courteous that we were completely at ease all throughout our stay.
Everything was going perfect & we decided to further pamper ourselves by visiting the spa. Since we have a 20 months old kid, we couldn’t have taken the spa together.
Hence I booked a slot for my wife on 15th afternoon but well expressed ‘tentative’ status for myself. Unfortunately, my kid got a bit cranky & I couldn’t take the spa treatment. This was accordingly informed to the staff (on the very first ‘follow-up’ call from them) with the same reason mentioned here.
May be as a courtesy, the staff again checked with me during the dinner on 15th night and I expressed my inability to take the spa. The last follow-up call (for some reason) came around 10 AM on 16th, my check-out date. Again, I politely declined to Mr Kito & he also courteously said “ok, no problem”.
Then came the check-out moment. As we were approaching the reception with sweet memories of our stay, the manager told us that the resort has lost revenue because of my not taking take the spa treatment despite confirming!
I reasoned with them since I didn’t find their approach very healthy & the discussion turned into a bit of an argument when they insisted me to consider taking the massage at that time. I was wondering why this ‘issue’ was brought up at the time of check-out? Didn’t I tell them so many times that I am not taking the spa treatment? Eventually the staff realized that they cant defend the argument anyfurther and we were ‘allowed’ to go.
I genuinely feel that was a very unfortunate incident. The same set of people who were literally obsessed with making every bit of our stay perfect just did something that left me and my wife with such a bitter feeling.
Still, a moment of madness can’t take away what they all did for us for 2 days : Augmented our experience.

Room Tip: Take Villas on the higher levels, you'll get much better view of the property. Also, do discuss...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Prashant G
treeoflifejaipur, Owner at Tree of Life Resort & Spa Jaipur, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Let me begin by sincerely apologising for the unfortunate spa incident which happened with you at the time of check-out. The Tree of Life does not 'push sales' and I must admit that I am very disappointed to read what transpired. The staff concerned, joined us very recently and has been reprimanded by me personally for his conduct. May I request that this not cloud your opinion about the experience of the Resort.

I am at the same time, grateful for your kind remarks of your over-all stay with us. Yes, I am fortunate to have a great team who go out of their way to deliver excellent service, with warmth and care. We do believe in our motto - laid back lifestyle - allowing the guests their space and still being there when needed.

I do look forward to having the three of you back with us for yet another wonderful experience with us.

Gandhidham, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

have visited here twice and always had an amazing experience... from staff, food, hospitality, management, decor, villas... everything is given perfection... only issue is its very hard to spot the way to the property as there are very limited sign boards.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Saurabh1209
treeoflifejaipur, Owner at Tree of Life Resort & Spa Jaipur, responded to this review, 16 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Tree of Life Resort & Spa, Jaipur as your preferred vacation destination. We were indeed delighted to have your back and I am glad to read that you had another wonderful experience with us.

We have tried to place additional signs on the road and also requested the government administration to charge us a fee and allow us to put up signs. Neither do they grant the permission nor do they allow us to put up the board - they are taken down as soon as we place them. This is something beyond our control and I hope that it did not cause you too much of an inconvenience.

We look forward to having you back with us.

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

What a peaceful place to stay. Set just outside Jaipur (15 mins drive), this is the perfect escape from the busy city life. With excellent food and a relaxing atmosphere, it is hard to leave the resort to go sight-seeing. We did the elephant village trip, the walking tour of the lovely surrounding village and we visited the local school....all guided by the wonderful resort manager (Amit). It was a holiday to remember forever. It was my birthday while I was there and Amit surprised me with a lovely birthday cake which just topped off the whole stay. Very happy and will definitely return in the future.

Room Tip: They all look good
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
treeoflifejaipur, Owner at Tree of Life Resort & Spa Jaipur, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Dear Guest,

It was indeed a pleasure for us to have you stay at the Tree of Life on your birthday and I so glad to read that the team made it special for you.

Yes, as you rightly said, there is much more to being at the Tree of Life than the regular sight-seeings and I am sure you did enjoy your time spent in our village and the school which we support. We do believe that it is always the small details which go towards creating that magical experience and thank you for your very kind words.

The team and I look forward to having you back with us in the not too distant future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

Tree of Life is one of the best places that I have ever stayed. I was blown away by the staff's attention to detail and the support from the resort manager Amit. I came as a single traveller but was keen to experience the best of Jaipur whilst relaxing in the beautiful and elegant surroundings. I visited the Elephant Village, the local school (which is actually supported by the resort - the children are adorable and brilliant), and village as well as taking a trip into Jaipur for its famous shopping. I have to say however that the highlight was relaxing in the beautiful pool villa which provided a gorgeous natural setting and privacy. If that wasnt enough the temple and the poolside day beds are heavenly. And to top it all off the cuisine is excellent, personalised and simply delicious. If you are visiting the north of india - this place is a must.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
treeoflifejaipur, Owner at Tree of Life Resort & Spa Jaipur, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Dear Guest,

I am so glad to read that you had a "beautiful,authentic,exquisite'" experience with us at the Tree of Life during your recent stay. Thank you ever so much for your very kind words and appreciation.

Yes, the Tree of Life is much more than just accommodation. We offer unique experiences to our guests which include a visit to our village and school next door; spending some time with your elephant, or then just unwinding with a relaxing spa treatment or at the infinity pool overlooking the hills in front.

Chef Mahender and his team do a wonderful job with our cuisine and I will certainly share your appreciation with him and with my other team members who contributed to making your stay a delight.

I am sure that we have a Tree of Life ambassador in you and we look forward to having you back with us, should travel ever bring you to Jaipur again.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

I was enthralled by our Luxury Pool Villa - Champa. From the initial welcome in our room to our dealings with all the staff of Tree Of Life, their attention to detail was flawless. Pleasant staff provided professional service at all times of the day. Awesome food. No words to describe the amazing property. Thank you Amit (Resort Manager) and the entire staff for such a remarkable hospitality, the wonderful experience we have had with our family.
We are definitely coming back. Thanks for an amazing experience.

Stayed February 2014
1 Thank karan2385
treeoflifejaipur, Owner at Tree of Life Resort & Spa Jaipur, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Delighted to read your review on your recent Tree of Life experience. I do thank you for all your kind words about the Villa, the cuisine and most importantly, the wonderful team at the Resort who continue to create magic for our guests. Yes, we are indeed fortunate to have great staff who give their very best, always.

I do hope to see you back at the Tree of Life in the near future for yet another enjoyable experience.

Himmat
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kookas
Lohagarh Fort Resort Jaipur
Jaipur Marriott Hotel
Jaipur Marriott Hotel
#17 of 376 in Jaipur
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,618 reviews

Been to Tree of Life Resort & Spa Jaipur? Share your experiences!