We've just returned from India and Nepal, and our four day stay at the Tree of Life was clearly a highlight. The property is breathtaking, meticulously landscaped, and replete with an array of stunning sculptures, koi ponds, gravity edge pools, ponds, and perfectly manicured lawns. The individual villas - the equivalent of beautiful unattached homes, ring the property on terraced levels (lots of stairs, but manageable) are architecturally magnificent, and reflect a feeling of India modernism. There's a small workout room with state of the art commercial grade equipment, a beautiful, open yoga and meditation building and a lovely dining room that serves, in our experience, Michelin quality cuisine.
Indeed, you'll get a call in the late afternoon asking what time would be convenient for the very talented chef to drop by your villa to discuss the evening's menu, make any necessary adjustments or substitutions. There's a tech specialist to make sure your ipod is properly linked to the villa's sound system (speakers in every room). And innumerable room service and housekeeping attendants ready to attend to your requests.
We stayed in a luxury pool villa and it was...amazing! A walled paradise with a private walkway, Buddha statuary and hanging bougainvillea. Enter into the large living room with fireplace, couch, dining table, large window seat overlooking the backyard private pool, media center and bar.
Then move into the bedroom, with King bed centered under a large shocking pink dome with indirect lighting and inset metallic design. Comfy bed, high count luxurious linens, nice desk, as well with great wireless internet service (for a fee, of course, which seemed unnecessary given the cost of the villa).
From there, proceed into the very large bathroom, with marble floors, large glass shower with door to the outside pool and two different showerheads, double sink, high quality amenities of every sort, and windows and light everywhere, but completely private.
Outside, great lounge chairs, a small but serviceable pool (unheated, which made it unusable in February), outdoor showers, a soak tub, beautiful lawn and shrubbery and flowers.
The spa was first class and Mary, our masseuse was extremely well trained and very, very accomplished. One of the best massages I've ever received.
There was, however, one minor but irritating blemish on this otherwise perfect experience. The water temperature was tepid, never hot. It was 37 degrees celcius, warm enough not to shiver in the morning, but far from a good, hot shower. We called once, they said they'd investigate. We called several hours later. They said the water probably got cold on its way from the central hot water heater (absurd). We asked to speak to the manager. Never heard back. We called the third day and asked again for the manager to contact us. Never heard back. On check day, we took our last shower before being picked up and... really hot, steamy water! What the heck?
We found this profound refusal to address our complaint directly, or even receive a return phone call or visit so anomalous, and rude, given the extraordinary service of the staff and the painstaking attention to detail that is visible everywhere.
That said, we'd stay at Tree of LIfe again - in a heartbeat. It's almost perfect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your oasis of peace and harmony nestled in the Aravali Valley. Just 14 chic villas in 7 acres of land - some with private pool - with independent spaces of between 2.200 to 4,000 sq.ft. - large private lawns, separate living and bedroom, private outdoor couples spa, outdoor shower and sunken tub. Waking up to the sound of birds, your relaxed day can include spa treatments at the private outdoor spa in your villa, yoga, a walk to the welcoming village next door or the incredible experience of a meal with your elephant. Relax, unwind, be yourself – and plan your own pace. And, at a short distance, all the attractive sights and sounds of enchanting Jaipur - the 'pink city' of Rajasthan. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Hotel.de and Cancelon so you can book your Tree of Life Resort & Spa Jaipur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tree Of Life Resort And Spa, Jaipur
- Tree Of Life Resort & Spa, Jaipur Hotel Kukas
- Tree Of Life Resort & Spa Jaipur India/Kookas