“Favourite Fairmont Resort”

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Kookas
London, United Kingdom
“Favourite Fairmont Resort”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I have stayed at a few Fairmont properties - Fairmont Jaipur is rightly my favourite hotel. Fantastic staff, fantastic food and the ambience in the hotel is superb. It is outside of the city centre, approx 30 mins from the airport. We only stayed there for 1 night/2 days attending a friend's wedding at Samode Palace. When we arrived well before check in time, not only were we given breakfast at their restaurant but they also upgraded us as the suite was ready but the room we were originally allocated wasn't. We also experienced great service at their restaurant although it was busy. They certainly make a great effort to make you feel very welcome from check in to check out.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Shagun_sethi, Director of Sales at Fairmont Jaipur, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thank you for your valued feedback. Indeed, that’s an amazing review! The team is delighted to read such encouraging feedback. Such fantastic words from guest only motivate the team to excel in providing exceptional experiences at all times.

It is evident that you were completely charmed by the Fairmont experience. We would request you to follow us on facebook and/or twitter for regular updates on what’s happening at the hotel. To continue to develop your Fairmont experience both here in India, as well as Internationally, please enroll for Fairmont President’s Club and discover a whole new world of privileges and benefits, tailor made for your needs.

Thank you once again for taking the effort to write back to us and we look forward to welcoming you again to Fairmont Jaipur.
Carpe Diem

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
  • Indonesian first
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We wanted to give kudos to your team at Fairmont Jaipur for the wonderful service we received during our stay. From the reception to housekeeping, from doormen to the chefs in Zoya's Kitchen, everyone treated us with utmost respect and courtesy that we could expect. Our needs were taken care of with the highest care. The team that has been appointed is very professional and has a keen insight into what the customers may want. I do not think we needed to be the 'Gold' customers to get the service we received. As the GM, I am sure you hear this all the time but your team at Fairmont is top notch and it shows in the customer experience.

Specifically, I want to highlight some examples of the keen insight that your team showed during our stay:

- Housekeeping - Everyday, our room was clean as it is in many other good hotels. In addition, the staff noticed that my daughters loved to draw. They left crayons and extra sheets in our room. They observed that we were using more shower gel than normal, they left 2 bottles instead of one every time.

- Zoya's Kitchen and serving staff - The kids were invited to the kitchen to watch the chef prepare our dinner. They got to roll the pizza dough as well. The kids will remember these fun moments for a long time.

- Reception/Concierge/Doormen - At our arrival, we got lost and it took us another 20 minutes to arrive. I was in a bad mood as I felt that I was not given directions properly. But the staff patiently listened when I complained without answering back. It is not very common in India to have someone acknowledge their mistakes. It was lovely to see the staff take responsibility of something someone else in the team did (i..e give improper directions).

Now I come to the highlight of our trip - Gold floor Butler Prabhat. His presence from the first minute of our arrival till the time we left the hotel was a blessing. He took care of every possible need that we had during our stay. He made us feel welcomed every minute of the day. He gave us an itinerary of what we could see in Jaipur given that it was so hot outside and that our kids preferred to stay indoors. He arranged for us a great dessert platter as a surprise for the kids. He even stayed up all night with my husband to watch the semi-finals of the FIFA football match. Most importantly, he arranged for us lovely breakfast boxes for our drive back to Delhi. We left at 5AM and he was there to see us off. We could not say enough good things about him.

We have stayed at many Fairmonts around the world but our stay at Fairmont Jaipur was the most memorable one. We couldn't have had a better time anywhere else. All thanks to your team at Fairmont Jaipur.

Now for a little bit of a constructive feedback:
- The swimming pool - For a property as amazing as Fairmont, the swimming pool is sub-par. It could have been better designed, the tiles could have been more cheerful (the pool looks rundown). I guess the architect was going with the palace theme but it takes away from the swimming experience.

Room Tip: Gold Rooms are really nice. Loved the decor and the view.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
We appreciate your feedback in letting us know about your wonderful stay at Fairmont Jaipur. Indeed, that’s an amazing review! The team is delighted to read such detailed and encouraging feedback. Such fantastic words from guest only motivate the team to excel in providing exceptional experiences at all times. Thank you so much.

We are really happy that you had an incredible experience with us and were able to relax and unwind. Our endeavor is to deliver high standards of service and hospitality to all our guests, not just in mere words, but with our actions too and we are extremely delighted to read that every step of the way, we have not disappointed you. We have shared your feedback with the team and especially Prabhat and they are really proud to hear such fantastic words from you!

Did you know – we have recently won the best new hotel of 2013 award from Travel + Leisure, India & South Asia and have received the Trip Advisor Certificate of excellence winner 2014! Fairmont Jaipur now also caters to younger guests, with the introduction of exhilarating and educational ‘TINGAR’- our ‘Kids Club’ dedicated for children. I do hope your kid’s had their share of fun at the hotel.

Keeping in mind, the fort theme, our swimming pool is designed to provide corners for families where they can enjoy have private time. Dure to heavy rains, the pool does have a rundown effect at times – I’s purely because of the monsoons. Having said that, we have made a note of your feedback and henceforth we will take appropriate measure to avoid any inconvenience.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Stay was excellent.... even food quality was very good....very good hotel...at a very nice place.....Good staff...and most important is a traditional look....Just two years old hotel...brand new with a traditional look...

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

We are thrilled to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that can only mean – you will visit us again! I do hope so and we look forward to welcoming you back to Fairmont Jaipur. You are right, Fairmont Jaipur is 2 years old!

We don’t have words to thank you for the feedback you have shared especially about the warm, proactive and friendly yet professional service. Your comments are very encouraging for us and it is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed the hospitality at our hotel. We thank you once again for taking the effort to write back to us and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Please do take the time to follow us on facebook and/or twitter for regular updates on what’s happening at the hotel. You will also be delighted to know that our much celebrated loyalty programme - Fairmont President’s Club offers a range of exclusive benefits and privileges that will surely enrich your Fairmont experience here in India as well as at other Fairmont hotels in the world.

Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Pros:
Wonderful old style Rajasthani architecture.
Luxurious rooms & bathrooms.
Lovely view of the hills from the rooms on one side.
Away from the hustle bustle of the city.
Well spread out; resort - like feel.

Cons:
Very small swimming pool.
Quality of food not great & overpriced.
Maintenance poor e. g. we were given a room in whose bathroom the flush & commode shower did not work. There was no hot water.
Services below par e. g. clothes given for ironing came back in the same condition after a few hours.
Outsourced staff not up to mark.
Some common areas not cleaned properly.
Can be challenging for people with mobility issues as it is huge.
Being away from the city can have its disadvantages too, as nothing is nearby.

To give credit where it is due, the maintenance & service issues were resolved promptly. Special mention of Mr. Rachit - Housekeeping manager & Mr. Pankaj - Duty manager.

Room Tip: Take the rooms on the side which offers a view of the hills.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Gamlu
Shagun_sethi, Director of Sales at Fairmont Jaipur, responded to this review, 30 August 2014
Thank you so much for writing back and letting us know about your stay.

On the onset, we appreciate your feedback and the fact that you liked our hotel. We are very pleased to know that you found our accommodation and location up to your expectations. Fairmont Jaipur is ideally situated in close proximity to the city centre and near Amer Fort and that is what gives us an advantage of a perfect location – to be far from the hustle-bustle of the city and provide the comfort of a royal setting in this modern day palace! With our expansive lawns and swimming pool, Fairmont Jaipur is a destination in itself.

We have made a note of pointers highlighted by you and we apologize for the inconvenience caused. We assure you that proper measures will be taken to rectify these points. Our staff is highly trained to be sensitive to our guests needs. I hope you will give us another opportunity and return to stay with us. It will also give us the opportunity to share with some of the better kept secrets behind the Royal lifestyles of yore!

Please do take out some time to follow us on facebook and/or twitter for regular updates on what’s happening at the hotel. You will also be delighted to know that our much celebrated loyalty programme - Fairmont President’s Club offers a range of exclusive benefits and privileges that will surely enrich your Fairmont experience here in India as well as at other Fairmont hotels in the world.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I went to the Fairmont on the 06th July for my parents anniversary hoping it will be nice getaway even though the temperatures were soaring. But when I arrived in the Fairmont it was an awestruck moment as the welcome was soooo grand.

With the biguels and drums in the background with the lovely rose petal shower it was amazing....The complete experience of the Fairmont was beyond my expectation ..

We checked in the Gold Rooms on the first floor...at first I was skeptical thinking abt the view from the room as it was on the first floor.....

But when we entered the room it was decorated with flowers and an amazing towel art on the bed along with the washroom with a beautiful flower Rangoli

I can only thank you guys for making it sooo memorable for my entire family. But a special mention to few.

First of all Sahil Chibber the Sales Team Exec who convinced us to book the property even in this heat and helped us get an amazing deal to book the Fairmont Jaipur and making all the special arrangements for us.

Nikhil Sharma the guest services manager who made sure we got everything on time from the lovely cake to any request we had.
Mansi from the check in desk who was really warm, cheerful and helpful.

Nd the amazing team from the Gold Lounge who organized an amazing High Tea for us according to our preference.

I can only say Wow...........thanks for everything

Room Tip: Definitely opt for the Gold Room its worth
1 Thank gdsethi
Shagun_sethi, Director of Sales at Fairmont Jaipur, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Thank you for your valued feedback. Indeed, that’s an amazing review! We are thrilled to know that your parents had a wonderful anniversary celebration with us. The team is delighted to read such encouraging feedback. Such fantastic words from guest only motivate the team to excel in providing exceptional experiences at all times. Thank you so much.

Our endeavor is to deliver high standards of service and hospitality to all our guests, not just in mere words, but with our actions too and we are extremely delighted to read that every step of the way, we have not disappointed you. We have shared your feedback with the team and they are equally delighted to hear from you!

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I stayed in Fairmont Jaipur recently from 4th Jul - 6th Jul in room number 346. We had booked 4 rooms by the name of Mr Sandeep grover who was also travelling with me. Despite being one of the most luxurious property in India, I had to face some really unwanted experience that i faced. On 5th morning I had taken porridge for my little baby (2 yrs old) and unfortunately it had a piece of glass in it. I was testing sugar in it before serving it to him but thankfully it came in my mouth before I boud make him eat that . This was such a disaster on the part of hotel. I spoke to staff people about this incuding the chef, the manager but was not given any satisfactory response on it. A few of your managers said a very simple word like "sorry" or 25% discount on the dinner that i would have in the restaurant. Is that the sort of compensation that Fairmont offers if sch a disaster happen. What would have happened if my son would have eaten it. On the day of checkout there was a wedding event happening due to which we were not allowed to go to swimming pool. I had come for only two days . My kids wanted to go for swimming but they were not allowed to. May I please ask fairmont team that do they provide luxury to one customer at the expense of the other one. Also while checking out I was handed over bills for snacks at the mini bar which I had not even consumed. I even proved it to one of their managers by actually going back to the room and getting that snack from the refrigirator. The two days stay was completely ruined by one reason or the other. This is not at all expected from property like Fairmont which claims to be one of the best luxurious property and I am sure that if the fairmont team reads this then in reply I would get an answer like: " we are extremey sorry for the inconvenience caused to you and we will make sure that you will not face any such problem on your next visit" . Many Thanks

3 Thank Ruchika1975
Dear Ruchika, thank you for sharing your feedback.

We have done a detailed investigation on this issue of the alleged foreign particle in breakfast food item and the possibility of the occurrence after a detailed review was considered as highly unlikely.

As you could not produce the alleged foreign particle to us at that time, and on your request to host a complimentary dinner for 8 people, we offered 25% discount for the dinner and 50% off the room charge for 1 room night as a gesture of good-will from our behalf.

The action taken seemed most appropriate for the issue at that particular point in time and we regret that we were unable to meet your expectation of compensation.

With regard to the issue of swimming pool not being operational, a written note was provided to all in house guests in the morning and we had arranged the use of complimentary Jacuzzi in the Spa which was informed to all guests.

We do hope that you treat this as an isolated incident and we look forward to seeing you again!

Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We stayed at Fairmont to attend a family wedding. What can I say, It is an epitome of luxury. Well trained staff who genuinely care for guests and relate to guests needs.

Special thanks to Nikhil at the Concierge desk. It was a last minute request from us to book a ticket close to Tatkal hours for a next day ticket for Jaipur to Mumbai. Whilst we were occupied in wedding function , he ensured our tickets were confirmed and were placed in the room. Also along with it was a little personalized card to wish us a safe an comfortable journey with estimated time to reach from hotel to Railway station. These small touches make a good hotel the best hotel. Kudos! We will be back.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank AbhishekG33
Thank you very much for writing back and letting us know about your recent stay. Indeed Fairmont Jaipur is a wedding destination! We specialize in handling high profile conferences, incentives, meeting and weddings at the hotel, given the unmatched size of our halls (largest ballroom in the city – no less!), the expansive lawns and the state of the art meeting rooms fully complemented with ancillary business service facilities.

We have shared your feedback with Nikhil and he is equally delighted to read your comments. We request you to visit us again, this time maybe for leisure and we would love to show your more aspects of this hotel which we are sure you will enjoy even more.

Carpe Diem.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kookas
Lohagarh Fort Resort Jaipur
Jaipur Marriott Hotel
Jaipur Marriott Hotel
#16 of 386 in Jaipur
Taj Jai Mahal Palace Jaipur

Been to Fairmont Jaipur? Share your experiences!