“Fantastic Views, Fantastic Couple”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Oamaru
Seadowns Stud & Farmstay
Ranked #16 of 27 Oamaru B&B and Inns
Cork, Ireland
“Fantastic Views, Fantastic Couple”
Reviewed 30 October 2009

I stayed here for 2 nights whilst travelling around New Zealand. It was such an experience!! Colin & Lynne are fantastic people and their home is so welcoming. They made me feel so welcome, and I got to experience a little of the farming lifestyle. My room was just amazing, best bed I slept in for my whole 5 & 1/2 months travelling. Breakfast in the morning was amazing, and if you get the chance have dinner with Lynne & Colin, because Lynne can seriously cook! Best beef I've every eaten. Oamaru is great, I visited the blue penguin colony and the yellow penguin colony. There is the best gift store in the town called "Omaru Blue", it's a must for authentic Kiwi Gifts. Would recommend Seadowns every single time. I hope to be back.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled solo

Couples
Business
Oakville
Reviewed 13 February 2009

We were a family of 5 adults traveling in New Zealand and decided to try a farm stay experience. It ended up being one of the highlights of our trip. Colin and Lynne are a very welcoming couple and we felt right at home. They were able to accommodate all of us and we all commented on how comfortable our beds were and what a good nights sleep we had. Lynne prepared a dinner for us the evening we arrived which was enjoyed by all and then we departed to visit the Blue Penguin Colony. Following a great breakfast the next morning, we accompanied Colin on a tour of his farm as he and his dogs, Ginger and Pat herded in the sheep for shearing. Colin explain the shearing process to us but unfortunately we could not get a full demonstration because their wool was damp from a light rain. For a great experience with wonderful hospitality, we would recommend a stay at Seadowns to anyone.

• Liked — Hospitality and farm experience
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled with family