“Comfortable overnight stay”

Heritage Court Motor Lodge
Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Oamaru
Reviewed 28 September 2012

clean well appointed room, we stayed in the upstairs rooms and found them to be above the standard we expected for a Motel, the Restaurant food was very well presented and reasonably priced. We would not hesitate to recommend this Motel.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Heritage Court Motor Lodge

Reviewed 14 September 2012

We made a phone booking & upon arrival found everything was better than expected. Tracy is delightful, and a most professional host with a warm friendly welcome. Units are beautifully presented, clean & fresh, and the beds are likewise and comfortable. Furthermore, everything works including a widescreen TV with 50 channels. Also to top it off there is an excellent on-site restaurant. Altogether this is a great place to stay & very good value for money. We highly recommend this place to ensure you enjoy your stay in Oamaru.

Room Tip: Describe clearly to Tracy your requirements. You can rely on her to honestly provide a unit to suit.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2012

I HAD stayed at this complex for a fairly long period of time and on a regular basis. I am a bald person and every time when I arrived at this place, I was discusted to find the room had been CLEANED and available for me. Upon entering the unit, I was shocked to find human hair on the handbason and the floor.I commented to the onwer and she apollogised. My next trip was exactly the same and the time after as well. I will never suggest people to stay here and hope you dont as well.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 September 2012

I have stayed at Heritage Court Motor Lodge after a long day of driving by myself and on business. It looked older from the road, but not shaby - so I thought I would take a look. The decor is dated but the studio unit I stayed in was in excellent condition - no motel smells, excellent carpet and very clean. On the basis of the motel alone I would give a rating of very good. The suprise was there was a restaurant attached and I attended motivated by the offer of a free glass of wine and tiredness. The chef is a real one, obviously professionally trained and the meal was the best chicken meal I have had in years. This motel provides one of best combinations of value you could come across and I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 July 2012

We stayed in a studio unit for two nights last week. The unit was well appointed, very clean, warm and comfortable - and it was freezing outside. Although the motels were full, there was plenty of room to park. A pensioner discount is offered. We have stayed here before and it never disappoints. Having a restaurant on site is a bonus as it was so easy just to walk across the carpark to have dinner rather than find a meal in the town.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2012

Beautifully clean and very warm rooms - beds excellent, with quality furnishings. Thanks Tracey - you were wonderful!
Onsite Courtyard restaurant - dinner, where I had the best ribeye steak I have had in years!!! Cooked breakfasts were just as good. Thanks Andrew, JJ and Donna

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 June 2012

Stayed in the cheapest no frills room available in June (the second cheapest overall). The door was wide open on arrival on a chilly night at about 8pm. The heater didn't work on the high setting and low was nowhere near hot enough to warm the room from its starting temperature of about 5degrees C. Our complimentary milk froze solid in the fridge overnight. One of the remote controls had no batteries. Free Internet was limited to 50Mb only. To be fair, we could have complained and asked for another room, but we were tired and already unpacked when we noticed the faults and just wanted sleep.

Room Tip: You may be better off shelling out for a more expensive room.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 27 June 2012

I am sorry that your stay was cold. Rooms are usually closed up about sunset to keep any heat from the day in. We do not like to find out that guests are cold, we could have given you an extra heater as you were already settled in. We keep appliances maintained, but unfortunately sometimes only find out that an appliance such as a heater, kettle, electric blanket etc are not working properly when guests let us know. We will endeavour to provide a comment sheet in the rooms for this purpose. I am guessing you stayed in Room 7, lately we have noticed the fridge not working properly, a new fridge has been purchased to replace this 5 year old fridge. Again I am sorry and wish you had contacted us to try to make it right for you.