“Loved it!”

Ranked #67 of 179 Restaurants in Nelson
Price range: US$5 - US$11
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of Nelson CBD. Mango Nelson offers the perfect venue for a quick lunch, gathering with friends and family, corporate dinner or dinner just for the two of you.
Nelson, New Zealand
“Loved it!”
Reviewed 18 January 2014

My 11 year old son & I were looking for takeaways after a movie and found Mango in Nelson.
Decided to stop and eat in the restaurant as it was late and the place was quiet.
The staff were friendly and helpful. The place was clean and tidy, no loud music, just quiet background piano streaming.
The food was served promptly, we were very happy with it all. We had Butter chicken, Saag Chicken with rice and garlic naan bread - it was all absolutely delicious and plentiful.
My son proclaimed it to be the best meal ever :-)
Thanks Mango - we will be back.

• Visited January 2014

• Korean first
Rome, Italy
“Good value at Mango”
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We went for lunch on a busy public holiday. The service was quick and friendly - we both ordered the curry and drink option, about $13 each. I thought it was good value and nicely presented with a good portion of rice, crispy-fresh salad and excellent lamb mango curry. I would recommend this place for a quick and tasty lunch.

• Visited January 2014
Nelson NZ
“Yummy eating at Mango in Nelson !”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

atmosphere: very cosy
food: excellent
staff: very enthusiastic

Recommend this to any local or visitor to Nelson NZ

• Visited May 2013
Nelson, New Zealand
“Great lunch menu and reasonably priced”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Eaten here before for dinner and it was ok but I have to say that lunch is a better experience as the atmosphere here is more cafe than restaurant. I chose the lunch menu for $9.99 and for this you get any curry on the menu (smaller than one off the main menu granted) but it comes with a side salad and rice. I ordered a naan bread to go with it and I was comfortably full. My curry was also a little hotter than my last experience and much tastier - maybe a different chef? Anyway I had a very enjoyable lunch and would recommend Mango.

• Visited August 2013
Wellington, New Zealand
“never again”
Reviewed 13 May 2013

We have been to this restaurant few times over the years and always been disappointed. But I believe restaurants can have a bad day now and then and I normally re-visit even after a little bad experience. But Mango has let us down all the time. Service is really bad. Its difficult get attention from the waiting staff. Simple things like drinking water on the table etc are a luxury it seems. Food is probably tad bit better in the Richmond one than the one in town but overall average. The malaysian side of the menu was total disappointment. Its unfortunate that there isn't any Malaysian restaurant in this town.
The place can definitely do with professional cleaners. And big logos on the wall next each other is kind of distracting and over powering... dont know whats the purpose. The restaurant is trying to be a lot of things at once and unfortunately failing in every way. Bring back old Spices restaurant I say.

Visited April 2013