Who would have thought that somewhere in the South Island is a tiny little English Tudor village. Oh wait, no, it's the Monaco Apartments!
We arrived late and night and came across typical excellent service from friendly staff as I've come to expect from Mercure locations around the world. We weren't expecting a Mercure that was some combination of top tier motel, hotel and serviced apartments.
Somehow, it works really well, and we ended up staying for two comfortable nights and really enjoyed Nelson and the surrounding area, as our last stop on a road-trip around the South Island before heading to the North Island.
We stayed in apartment 714 (downstairs in a little town house) and the apartment was well designed and comfortable, although we found it a little dark. The kitchenette was perfect for our needs, and the living room and bedroom was comfortable.
It's the staff that make it in the end, and every interaction was friendly, helpful and professional.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Mercure Nelson Monaco offers luxury boutique accommodation by the water in Nelson, New Zealand. Located only about five minutes' drive from Nelson Airport and 15 minutes drive to the city centre. Grand Mercure Nelson Monaco offers well-appointed accommodation for up to 215 guests in boutique hotel rooms, along with a range of self-contained apartment accommodation including one-bedroom studios, one-bedroom spa cottages and two-bedroom cottages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, ACCOR, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Mercure Nelson Monaco Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mercure Nelson Monaco Apartments Hotel Richmond
- Grand Accor Nelson Monaco