We stayed here overnight and possibly didn't research enough beforehand. It was fine, but obviously very wedding-y and a little theme-park like. We stayed in a 2 bedroom villa and upstairs was ok, but downstairs was soooooo dark and felt dingy - part of the style of the decor, but during lovely sunny weather it felt a bit too enclosed and "ye olde English" vibe just a little odd. Maybe it's lovely and cosy in winter.... The gardens and grounds were lovely but it all felt a little clichéd. Ate at the restaurant and have to say it was my least favourite meal in all of NZ and I wouldn't recommend it - unimaginative and bland (function food...?). Overall the hotel was very clean and well appointed and I do have to say a huge plus for TWO very well appointed bathrooms both with fantastic showers! Also the reception and restaurant staff were lovely so plus for that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Mercure Nelson Monaco offers luxury boutique accommodation by the water in Nelson, New Zealand. Located only about five minutes' drive from Nelson Airport and 15 minutes drive to the city centre. Grand Mercure Nelson Monaco offers well-appointed accommodation for up to 215 guests in boutique hotel rooms, along with a range of self-contained apartment accommodation including one-bedroom studios, one-bedroom spa cottages and two-bedroom cottages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, ACCOR, Odigeo, TravelUp, Priceline, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HRS, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Mercure Nelson Monaco Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mercure Nelson Monaco Apartments Hotel Richmond
- Grand Accor Nelson Monaco