Wow - this is not what I expected of a 4.5 star hotel in a tourist destination like Nelson at the top of the South Island of New Zealand.
It's like stepping back in time to an English Village, yet with all the mod cons and comfort. The Grand Mercure Monaco Apartments is unusually quaint and charming with beautifully landscaped and immaculately kept gardens and alleyways.
Approximately 15 minutes from the bustling heart of Nelson and literally 5 minutes from the Airport, it is the perfect place to stay if you're exploring the South Island by car of boat. Nelson really the gateway to the Abel Tasman National Park and this hotel is quiet and spacious with good sized serviced apartments, a well appointed restaurant and friendly and helpful staff.
I enjoyed my week there and would definitely recommend it for those looking a a little peace and quiet in a fresh and green setting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Mercure Nelson Monaco offers luxury boutique accommodation by the water in Nelson, New Zealand. Located only about five minutes' drive from Nelson Airport and 15 minutes drive to the city centre. Grand Mercure Nelson Monaco offers well-appointed accommodation for up to 215 guests in boutique hotel rooms, along with a range of self-contained apartment accommodation including one-bedroom studios, one-bedroom spa cottages and two-bedroom cottages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, ACCOR, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Mercure Nelson Monaco Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mercure Nelson Monaco Apartments Hotel Richmond
- Grand Accor Nelson Monaco