“Peaceful”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Nelson
Harris Hill Cottages
Ranked #10 of 42 Speciality Lodging in Nelson
Reviewed 22 March 2014

What a beautiful and peaceful place. Staying on this family farm was more relaxing then I could ever imaged. Overlooking the lambs grazing while watching the sun set on the water. It lowers my blood pressure just thinking of it!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 16 March 2014

My husband and I stayed in Sunshine Cottage for five nights and the experience will remain a highpoint of our two month trip in NZ. Others have written of the farm and the steep road in, so I will address the Sunshine Cottage.
This older cottage is set apart from the other cottages and from the owners' houses, so it is wonderfully quiet and secluded. Though the long view extends far over the bay, the treetops of the Marybank Coastal Forest Reserve are at your feet and the air is filled with bird song. Wonderful! The cottage itself has a rustic charm. It is spacious, with a full-sized fridge, a proper oven, plus a barbecue on the deck, the only barbecue we encountered in all of our rentals. The WiFi connection was reasonably good. The farm and forest offer lots of opportunities for walks.
Harris HIll Cottages are a great experience formed by the accommodation, the location and the friendly owners. We wish them all the best!!

Room Tip: Sunshine Cottage is the most private and secluded, though the "big view" is slightly restr...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank An0ther0pini0n
Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

A little difficult to find and then up a one lane winding one mile steep path to a simple slice of paradise located on a sheep, goat and beef farm. The entire family (Sue, Mike,Rachel and Wayne- don't forget Christian and Ashton ) are at your beckon call. My reception was my name welcoming me on a white board and directing me to my self catered cottage. I did not see anyone for several hours and then was truly welcomed into the family. (Wayne took me up to a special secluded cottage he built for Rachael to witness a
fabulous sunset and a cup of coffee) did not know they did not take credit cards upon leaving and Sue ( the boss) said not to worry but send $ once I returned home). Truly a different but special experience

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Wow!! Where to start?

We had an amazing stay in the Suntop Cottage. The views are incredible and the cottage itself is beautiful. We loved the little touches like the fresh flowers and the welcome note. Sue and Rachel were marvellous in giving lots of advice on what do in the area and introducing us to the lovely animals on the farm.

The farm itself is gorgeous and we had a great morning walking around it with more amazing views of the Nelson bay.

The Cottage was really well equipped with the added bonuses of having a washing machine and free wifi. It was also incredibly good value at just 150 NZD per night.

We would definitely love to return one day.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

This is what New Zealand is all about! The family (owners) were very hospitable and the cottage was roomie. We had beautiful views every which way we turned. We stayed in City Lights cottage. I loved the neighboring sheep and the quiet.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 24 December 2013

We loved this. We stayed at Sunshine cottage. Sue drove down to the main street to guide us up the hill to the cottage. Cottages are up on top of a high hill with pretty views of the city and the sea. Clean cottage, large - was perfect for us - 3 adults and 2 kids. The sheep enclosure is adjacent to the cottage and we could feed the sheep by hand - which was very exciting for the kids! Sue, her daughter Rachel and husband Mike were great hosts. We Would certainly recommend this for any NZ itinerary via Nelson! The kids have the best memories for our stay here during our 2 week NZ trip.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 November 2013

We had such a lovely stay over 5 nights in City Lights. Couldn't fault this accommodation. If you want views, peace and quiet and wonderful hosts, this is the place to stay. It is the extra details that make wonderful memories and this is what we will always have from all at Harris Hill Cottages.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple