“Amazing”

Century Park Motor Lodge
Ranked #2 of 42 Hotels in Nelson
Reviewed 20 July 2011

Amazing decor, very modern and sleek. The rooms are immaculate with full amenities in the compact rooms. I hated to leave the huge jacuzzi. Also, as someone who is allergic to dust mites, this is the only place that I visited in New Zealand that I didn't leave with a stuffed up nose! The owners are gracious and very helpful in every way. It was great.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank MKMLA33

Reviewed 17 July 2011

My mother and I, after trying to check in to the wrong hotel across the road, spent three luxurious nights at the Century Park Motor Lodge.

We not only loved the cleanliness of the room, comfortable beds, pristine bathroom and tasteful decor but the little extras (like tissues and serviettes and large bottles of shampoo, conditioner and body wash) they provided to make our stay almost like home. The weather, however, was another story entirely!!! as it rained almost the entire time we were away.

We will definitely stay there again, and I promise to look both ways at the names of the hotels around me next time my GPS man Paul states "you have now reached your destination"!!! and not just look left!

Thanks Jan! You guys are just awesome and your garden planter boxes now look better than the oppositions thanks to some late night gardening by me!

Lisa :)

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank LisaBrickell
Reviewed 12 July 2011

My wife and I were looking for a rest away from our busy lives and Century Park had everything we were wanting - beautifully designed room, great facilities, excellent and friendly service, all within a short walk from CBD Nelson

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank MaxyG33
Reviewed 8 July 2011

This place is great, the rooms are 5 star, we stayed in a spa room, with ipod dock, TV/DVD, great King Bed (decor) and great kitchen with dishwasher, coffee/ coffee plunger etc, all the trimmings. The best part of the service is Jan..host..she is amazing- so helpful, her husband as well. They are great, even returned my ipod when i left it there!!!! This is a great place to stay, walk away (map provioded by the guys there) to the main part of Nelson, great recommendations for dinner , try boatshed and Forbes ...fantastic holiday. So happy to have gone there.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 July 2011

This was our last stop on a two week tour of the Westcoast and a very pleasant last stop it was.
The units are a good size with a very well stocked kitchen to use.Filtered water to drink and fill your water bottles with. A fabulous bathroom wiht a lovely spa bath - much appreciated after our day of caving in Westport the day before - and heated towel rail.
Then there is the most comfortable bed (apart from our own of course) that I have ever slept in on holiday. If you feel the cold then there are twin control electric blankets on the bed. They also have a heat pump in the room so you can set your own temp for comfort. A flat screen tv with several sky channels and two arm chairs to view from. Free wifi and complimentary toiletries - believe me you don't get those everywhere.
A small balcony with table and two chairs complete the picture - the only thing missing is a view. But as you are only two blocks from Nelson city and all the restaurants this doesn't matter, and as Nelson city is flat it is also an easy walk.
Jan - our hostess - is also incredibly kind and helpful.
When the drier in the laundry room was full she took my washing and put it in their gas drier for me and it was dry in 17 mins!!!
She also helped me organise a wine tour at the last minute - which by the way was the best wine tour I had been on (Baytours 1/2 day wine tour for only $78)
So thank you to the whole team at Century Park for a wonderful end to a wonderful holiday - we really did appreciate all you effort.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kitkatR
Reviewed 28 June 2011

The service was excellent. The staff were immaculately presented (including the cleaning staff, who were also friendly & happy!). Reception staff were very friendly & competent with an excellent knowledge of the area & activities available.
As a former international flight attendant who has stayed in hundreds of hotel rooms around the world I was thrilled to find that our room at Century Park was absolutely equal to (& in some cases superior to) any 5 star hotel I have stayed in previously. The linen was clean & crisp, the bathroom sparkling & the kitchen amenities excellent. We were unable to hear noise from adjoining rooms which is always a bonus.
The location is fantastic, a short, flat walk into town & bikes were available as well.
In short, definitely a great place to stay. Would love to come back again one day!

Room Tip: Less road noise in rooms further back
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2011

We were totally rapt to stay in such a wonderful and welcoming facility. Such was the furniture, the colour schemes, the space, the fittings... that we lacked for nothing. Brendan, Ross & Jan are the perfect hosts and they make you feel so important. They love having a good chat and even gave us their GPS to navigate this beautiful part of the world. Obviously no expense was spared in the construction of this magnificent complex and really you feel guilty (for a moment) to be surrounded by such luxury that you only sample in your stay. Hence I guess we should go again to enjoy it fully and we can't wait to.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business