“Simply The Best”

Dining options: Reservations, Seating
Nelson, New Zealand
“Simply The Best”
Reviewed 8 February 2012

My most favorite restaurant in Nelson. Sit at the bar and talk with Tosh, Keiko and Bruce. Food presentation is of the highest standard along with the quality. If you enjoy Japanese food then make sure you make a booking. Well priced too.

Nelson, New Zealand
“O M G”
Reviewed 6 January 2012

What a great way to spend new years eve belly pork did it for me I order 2 of them as I'm not a big fish eater was very dear but well worth it we will be back

Houston, Texas
“Delish”
Reviewed 27 December 2011

The sushi was delicious and so fresh. Some locAls recommended it and they couldn't have been more spot on.

Melbourne
“Another reason to go to Nelson”
Reviewed 17 November 2011

Three of us went for dinner. We'd been to a cocktail reception, so we weren't very hungry. Or so we thought before we started to eat. We ordered the specials of the day (tataki of beef, and a prawn dish) as well as sashimi and a serving of agedashi tofu. The last was so good - served with eggplant - that we ordered two more servings. The staff are very welcoming and helpful, and I loved the flight of sake. Next time I'll try that. We drank wine from the mainly local list.

• Visited November 2011
Wellington
“Classy yet casual, authentic Japanese food fusion”
Reviewed 14 June 2011

Having lived in Japan in the past, I really enjoyed the feel of this Japanese restaurant. Simple, neat and comfortable surroundings. Seated at tables (not on the floor if you worry about that), our hosts were friendly and attentive. As often is the case for good quality Japanese food, it is not the cheapest type of restaurant, but I can say that no-one regretted paying the prices asked for the lovely food.
My husband is not big on eating raw fish, but found plenty on the menu to satisfy himself. I highly recommend the Unagi don (smoked eel on rice) and the sashimi platters - but it's all good.
If you want to bring your own cake for a special occasion, best to check ahead. Nelson restaurants seem to have a thing about charging you if you bring your own cake - which is not the case in other parts of New Zealand - it seems odd, but is not unreasonable when you think about it - since they provide plates etc and have to wash them for you.

• Visited June 2011