“Day out in Nelson with Noel Kennedy.. wine, art, nature, history and food”

Wine Art and Wilderness
Book In Advance
More Info
US$290.45*
and up
Full-Day Abel Tasman National Park Hiking Tour with Cruise
Ranked #12 of 31 Outdoor Activities in Nelson
More attraction details
Owner description: Enjoy the benefits of your hosts lifetime experiences in nature conservation and the wine industry. Gain unique access to Abel Tasman, Nelson Lakes and Kahurangi National Parks or be introduced to the creators of world class wine and art.
Reviewed 8 May 2012

My colleague had I were shown around Nelson for the day with our wonderful guide Noel!
First stop was the World of Wearable Arts- you won't see anything like this anywhere else in the world and right by the airport! Noel took us to three beautiful wineries for tastings, each unique in their own way. He also gave us an insight into the history of the area that we never could have gotten from just reading a book.

Noel's passion is evident but he is very down-to-earth and easy to talk to. He has a wealth of knowledge and experience on the bush, wine,history of the area and more and will tailor your day uniquely for you.
We stopped at the beautiful little Mapua for a home-made lunch and watched the river flowing by. Bliss!
Do take a look at Noel's website... his tours really are value for money and you will get so much from a day being with him rather than trying to navigate it all yourself.
One of the best days out I've had...

Peasgood, Owner at Wine Art and Wilderness, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2012

Thankyou for this marvellous review but as always it is the personalities of the visitors that make a good day brilliant. I never lose the buzz of meeting new people each day and introducing them to the local Nelson delights so your time spent with me was deeply appreciated.

Reviewed 19 January 2012

Our Nelson-in-a- Day tour was tailored to our interests and was most interesting and great fun. History- both natural and human, sights and views, morning tea and a delicious lunch in the bush was included. We will never forget the Kiwi.

Peasgood, Owner at Wine Art and Wilderness, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2012

Thankyou Noracd and all the other reviewers below.
Your postive comments are truly humbling. I really strive to be the very best and it is fantastic to see my efforts appreciated.

Reviewed 15 January 2012

We only had one day in Nelson, and we were lucky enough that Noel was available to show us around. We told him what our interests were, and Noel took us to just the right places (key art galleries and jewelers), and he even helped to plan our itinerary for our drive to Kaikoura the next day. Noel was very knowledgeable about the nature, foods, wines, and economy of New Zealand and we had a most interesting time. The lunch was delicious and even the children loved it! Noel even supplied bird callers for the boys to call birds in the forest while we took a hike. He knew all about the plants. Lovely day! He also got us squeezed in to one of the top restaurants in town, the Boat House, which was just excellent. The day was not inexpensive, but worth it because otherwise you might waste quite a bit of time finding your way around. It is so much better to not worry about driving on the left and just relax and see it all, on your own schedule. Especially with a family in tow.

Peasgood, Owner at Wine Art and Wilderness, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2012

This review (as the others) is so kind. It is so reassuring to receive such positive feedback. It is all the encouragement I need to strive to be the best and cater for all people regardless of their needs.
Noel

Reviewed 6 January 2012

Noel, was a fantastic guide and knowledgeable over a range of subjects. My partner and I thoroughly enjoyed our day.

Reviewed 19 October 2011

There were so many great options to chose from on the website, I wasn't exactly sure which one to pick but Noel assured us we picked the best, 'Wild Northwest'. We did a little bit of everything, lots of sightseeing, vineyards, farms, a fantastic lunch at the beach in Collingwood. Noel was extremely knowledgeable about all of the areas, including the history of the places we visited. So many plants, trees and birds to discuss! It was just my husband and myself so Noel was very accommodating asking us what we wanted to see. He was able to fit in a stop at Te Waikoropupu Springs which was a beautiful and peaceful place. It was so fun walking thru the sheep farm seeing all the new lambs but the most incredible thing was coming over the crest of the last hill and seeing Wharariki beach. We walked on the beach, checking out the caves and rock formations, looking for seal pups, it was like we were the only people on earth. I am sure it's very different on a stormy day and we hope to get back to see that some time too! Thanks for a very memorable day Noel!

Peasgood, Owner at Wine Art and Wilderness, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2011

Thankyou jaynedoe, it was a pleasure to host you. It is never difficult taking visitors to places that inspire me or make me proud to be a local.
Tarrin your book is great and a fascinating read. Thankyou.