“Nice Surprise”

Ranked #25 of 183 Restaurants in Nelson
Price range: US$0 - US$27
Cuisines: New Zealand
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Monaco Kitchen is in a well-known location on the Monaco peninsula (Nelson, New Zealand), presenting a new dining concept in a stunning location. Championing our local produce we aim to provide a sharing experience with small bites, sharing plates and feasts that you can enjoy with your friends, family or your sweetheart
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Came for breakfast on our first morning and it was nice- I had Eggs Florentine which they forgot the spinach and the hollandaise was slightly split. It still tasted fine but could have been better . My partner really enjoyed his waffles!
On a better note our Dinner was OUTSTANDING! Absolutely love the Sharing idea- we have had it a few times over in Australia but it hasn't quite made it to NZ so we were stoaked when we saw the menu.
We shared the groper sliders (tasted really fresh!) the popcorn prawns with a gorgeous sauce and the lamb terrine (was recommended by waitress) and a beef short rib.
We were so happy with the food and our waitress was really knowledgeable (young with long dark hair) we took an orange and almond cake back to our room for dessert and it was perfect!
Wine and cider were yum too (both local).
Also thanks to the english lady who still had a smile on her face after serving us breakfast at 8am and still being at work at 9.30pm!!

Reviewed 12 August 2014

We had some superb lamb at this restaurant and an excellent bottle of wine. Unfortunately we were quite cold (it was going into their winter time). I also think the plastic chairs let the place down.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Food was very nice,a bit pricy for what you got though.
I would return though.Next time I hope there is a larger menu selection.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

I loved the previous decor and can't see the need for the change. The green plastic chairs really cheapen the look and are certainly not comfortable. While our food (mainly steaks) were cooked as we wanted and tasted great, the portion of food served has gone down considerably from when we have dined there previously. I object to paying additional money for side dishes. The men in our party don't want to go back, as they are 'average Kiwi blokes' who like more food than what they got. The service was 10/10 and the toilets were worth a look, as some of the best I have ever seen anywhere.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Had nice steak meal...relatively expensive especially with no veges but very nicely cooked.
Had to wait quite a long time for meal and then noticed another table of 4 who came in well after us had their meals.I said to the very helpful waitress that we were waiting on our 2 meals.She was very apologetic and offered us a free glass of wine or coffee at the end...excellent service.Where we were sitting was cold as draughty and had to put my husbands puffer jacket on while eating.