“Clean rooms, great hosts, wonderful relaxing weekend” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tudor Lodge Motel

Ranked #26 of 42 Hotels in Nelson
Melbourne, Australia
“Clean rooms, great hosts, wonderful relaxing weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2012

We came over from Australia and booked a room at the Tudor Lodge Motel a few weeks in advance. The room we had was one with a spa bath and shower (I read below me this was unsuitable for one person but it was a great spa for us two). The hosts were friendly, helpful in telling us about Nelson and what there was to do and we had a great time.

Will definitely return to Tudor Lodge Motel next time we visit Nelson.

Room Tip: There are rooms closer to the road and ones further away from the road. We were second in from the r...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Eric A
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
Management
Tudor Lodge Motel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Czech first
ENGLAND
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2011

We have stayed at the Tudor lodge three times now , and can not speak highly enough of the place , our host,s were the perfect host,s , in every way , the rooms were beautiful , with or without a bath , as mentioned in the review below . we loved it there and would certainaly stay there again , it is a shame you can not please everybody , please give this motel a chance you will not regret it i promise .
stephanie and ken reader .

Room Tip: all rooms are good
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank lucy180018
Ivo P, Manager at Tudor Lodge Motel, responded to this review, 6 December 2012
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Management
Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2011

I first booked a spa studio unit at this motel in September 2011. The price was good and the unit had a spa bath, indeed. (I always stay in rooms with a bath and NEVER in one with just a shower because I drive many hours on business and I need to relax my body in warm water while organizing my recent work information and planning for the next day. I've had this therapeutic routine for many years, I have it at home as well and I am not about to change it). After my first experience at this motel, I called again and I was promised a similar room, at the same price, for 26/27 October 2011. The person with whom I dealt six weeks ago and again over the phone last week was very nice, but was nowhere to be found when I arrived and I was welcomed by somebody else, charged on my company card and put into an inferior room (studio unit), with no bath - of course, at the same price. When I asked for what I expected, I was told there were no units with a bath available (although I had booked in advance!). I asked for a refund, but I was told that it would cost $50. Since I did not want to over-charge the company card, I had to stay the night. I consider this treatment as the poorest customer service I've encountered in hospitality, I shall let as many people know of my experience and I shall never stay at this motel or at any that may belong to the same chain. I have never written a negative review in the past, but now I am in this very motel and I have to use up the time I would have spent in the bath after a long day and before another one.

Room Tip: If you read my comment, you'll understand why I can give you no tip.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank aplescan
Ivo P, Manager at Tudor Lodge Motel, responded to this review, 6 December 2012
Marry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Management,