“A delightful find”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Called in on a Sunday lunchtime, sad to miss the high tea special. Fantastic pumpkin soup though. A nice atmosphere with lovely waitresses. The only downer was that the milk jug had nasty ( unhygienic) chips out of it. Once they get to that stage...throw them out! Would recommend a visit. It's in a nice part of nelson and the food looked good and was reasonably priced too.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

We held an event at Melrose today and the team at Melrose were absolutely amazing. I've been to Melrose several times and every time they blow me away with their attention to detail, professionalism and their fabulous food!
We had some extras turn up that we weren't expecting but the staff at Melrose took it in their stride and managed it flawlessly. They were super lovely about it too. We used the drawing room which was grand!
Finally, as usual the food was to die for. I've said it before, but their food is just so delicious. The presentation is beautiful and the range for the high tea is gorgeous. Highly recommend Melrose House for High Tea and for just about anything actually. I wanted to have my wedding here but my guest list was too high so in the meantime I'll be using it for as many events as I can think of!

1  Thank Punkysmum
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Went to Melrose to celebrate a birthday and had High Tea. I'd never had High Tea before but I loved the experience! Stunning tea cups and dinnerware and you do feel like you're dining in a fancy, beautiful old fashioned room! Large range of teas and drinks to choose from and the food was presented beautifully. Loved all of it!

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Five of us went to Melrose house for hightea on Mothers' day. The food was excellent but they forgot to bring our pots of tea and we missed having tea with with what we were eating. When we saw people paying as they left we realized tea was not going to arrive unless we reminded them.
Otherwise it was a nice experience.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

We stopped here for lunch and loved the old world charm in what is one of Nelson's historic homes of yesteryear. Apart from being able to self-tour around the function rooms of the house we enjoyed lunch and coffee. Service was good and the food also worthwhile.