“Perfect place for a Sunday brunch”
Review of Melrose House Cafe

Melrose House Cafe
Ranked #3 of 175 Restaurants in Nelson
Cuisines: Cafe, New Zealand, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Kids, Business meetings, View, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Nelson, New Zealand
“Perfect place for a Sunday brunch”
Reviewed 1 September 2014

My wife and I wanted somewhere nice to have brunch to celebrate our 30th anniversary before going to movies. Ended up having a great lunch each and had coffee and cakes after instead of rushing to movies. Sat in the sun on the terrace. Young wait staff were really on to it and the whole thing was relaxed and well-paced. We've had tea here before, and that's great, but this felt like the special occasion we wanted and we really enjoyed everything about it. Will definitely be back. My wife had an all-day brekkie but I didn't have my usual food envy by having fish of the day, which was a fish-heavy Laksa that I really loved. Thanks!

• Korean first
Nelson, New Zealand
“Made to feel so special”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

As we walked in the lovely Angela greeted us as though she had been waiting all morning for our visit. What a beautiful cafe to spend time in. The food and coffee are superb and the atmosphere is relaxed and warm. If you have time before or after your food and drink do spend time in the garden which has wonderful old trees surrounding the beautifully restored house.

Feilding, New Zealand
“Could have been great!”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Stopped here on the way to the airport really liked the sound of the duck however we were running out of time so we decided to have scones and Juice- the pear and lemon juice was so nice and the scones were perfect! Date coming with jam and cream. Ladies were really friendly!

Here's the bad.. They serve the food with fresh flowers from the garden and my particular flower had ants. I counted at least 6 which really put me off eating. I told the lady and she brushed it off saying that it was because they were from the garden. Even so nobody wants a plate full of ants!

Nelson, New Zealand
“GREAT LOCATION,EXCELLENT FOOD & SERVICE”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Called in last Saturday for a late lunch,
the staff was very kind and professional and the food was simply amazing.
I had an entree with mozzarella cheese and parma ham ande then beef filet as a main with veggies and an ice cream ( gelato ) at the end!
Ange and Jess are managing the guests in a fantastic way!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Raf19712014
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“The best morning tea!”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Spoil yourself to a divine morning tea at Melrose House. Excellent service and a beautiful setting. The plates and cups that are used are special. The scone (with cream!) had a lovely camilla flower on the plate as decoration.

Visited June 2014