“The Salad Bowl”

Cuisines: Healthy
Nelson, Nelson, New Zealand
“The Salad Bowl”
Reviewed 22 February 2013

For what I would pay at Mcdonalds or Subway or any other fast food place including Kebabs, I would rather come to the salad bowl and get a healthy wrap, filled with what I would like in it, many many choices and great service, with great people and personally value for money!

• Visited February 2013

Nelson, New Zealand
“Lunch for 2”
Reviewed 3 February 2013

Good points: Salads are fresh with lots of variety, good location + layout + service

Bad points: too expensive for what you get, protein servings sizes are embarrassing. I had to buy 3 extra protein servings to get what would be 2/3 of a protein serve from subway.The kick in balls was the $2 charge per protein serve on top of original cost. Spent close to $30 between 2 of us and finished hungry and disappointed. A shame as I would of liked to be able to recommend this place for a healthy/reasonably priced lunch. Final though is that the "customer comments" on their website sounds 100% reeks of self promotion.eg. Comment Four
"I had one of your chicken wraps before my game yesterday and it gave me lots of energy!...We won our game!!"

• Visited January 2013
AmericanKiwi007, Owner at The Salad Bowl, responded to this review, 22 February 2013
Thank you for complimenting our cafe, our variety and the freshness of our food. .

I am sorry that you were disappointed with the portion sizes of your meat, but please know that we use only REAL (not processed) fresh meat that we marinate and cook ourselves, so our costs to produce are much higher than restaurants using processed meats with fillers

The fact is that we actually lose money on each and every serving of meat we sell at $2.00! It has been suggested that we offer cheap processed "meat" like our competitors, but the whole idea of our cafe is to be fresh and healthy, and we are proud to be able to offer only REAL ingredients.

I hope you will come back again and, if trying to keep the cost down, grab your protein from one of our cheeses, our homemade hummus, our freshly boiled egges, our mixed beans or our chickpeas. That way you can have a large protein-filled salad for only $7.99!

We look forward to having you visit us at The Salad Bowl Nelson again sometime soon!