“Hidden treasure”

Ranked #30 of 175 Restaurants in Nelson
Price range: US$8 - US$16
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Cafe, European, Fusion, International, New Zealand
Good for: Business meetings, Kids, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Open Tuesday-Sunday 7am-3pm for breakfast & lunch Crusoe's is the ideal place to dine. Indoor & Outdoor sitting, fully fenced kids playground, free wifi. Crusoe's food is quality comfort food, We buy our supplies from local growers, make and bake everything from scratch, the traditional way, no chemicals and powders involved. Huge selection of GLUTEN FREE, DAIRY FREE ,VEGETARIAN, PALEO, LCHF & VEGAN dishes. Special Functions tailored to your likes and needs.
“Hidden treasure”
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Crusoe's is my cafe of choice when I am in Nelson.
It doesn't matter if I am alone or with a crowd, they cater specifically to my needs and wants.
The food is always excellent, the owners & staff are friendly and welcoming.
I love that they cater for allergies so well, the meals are made from local fresh produce, and your plate is always attractively & deliciously presented.
You will never leave hungry!

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Raewyn7150

• Korean first
Nelson, New Zealand
“Eating at Crusoe's Cafe, Nelson”
Reviewed 31 May 2013

I was a bit disappointed in the food as I order smoked chicken and instead of the usual smoked chicken I was given dried meat from their smoker, so rather wouldn't be in a hurry to go back there.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank 450Eileen450
Anated, Owner at Crusoes Cafe, responded to this review, 2 June 2013
Dear Eileen,
We are sorry to hear you had a bad experience at Crusoe's.
We have a "check on the guests" policy and if they are not happy we replace the dish.
If you'll be kind enough, please tell us what did you ordered from our menu so we can double-check.
Kind Regards,
Crusoe's management.
Nelson, New Zealand
“An afternoon treat for ourselves and friends.”
Reviewed 28 April 2013

What delicious food. This is the second time I have eaten here and I highly recommend it. Beautiful fresh food, and lots of it! A fantastic ambience, nice and warm on a cold evening and beautiful eating al fresco in the summer. I highly recommend this great cafe and it's warm and friendly owners.

Visited April 2013
3 Thank k1w1chick
Massachusetts, USA
“Good food and service”
Reviewed 26 February 2013

Stopped here at around 11 am, on our way to an early afternoon flight out of Nelson. We both had a nice breakfast, in an attractive courtyard. Service was very good (not crowded at that hour on a weekday)

3 Thank SBSmith
Nelson-Tasman Region, New Zealand
“Lovely courtyard, great amosphere, great food”
Reviewed 29 March 2012

This is a hidden gem in Stoke, Nelson for coffees, or lunches. The large outside courtyard also has a playground for young children. The food is fresh and well prepared. I enjoyed my lunch there recently so much that I went back again the following week with my parents. The indoor area has a fire place I think, but I enjoy sitting outside in one of the many tables available. They also have a great range of drinks. They have a range of food dishes on the menu from Seafood to steak sandwiches, salads, fish, chicken, pasta. I think there is something there that will appeal to everyone

• Visited February 2012