“Excellent venue for our annual strategy meeting”

Trailways Hotel Nelson
Ranked #8 of 41 Hotels in Nelson
Reviewed 3 November 2013

This is the third time our group of 6-8 have booked a conference room and accommodation at Trailways for our annual out of town strategy meeting. The service is excellent, the rooms are comfortable, clean and well appointed. The breakfasts are excellent and lunches and dinner also. The staff are consistently friendly and professional. They do a great job to make our time with them very memorable. They also have excellent espresso coffees!! We are going back again.

Room Tip: Upstairs riverside rooms are lovely
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Trailways, Manager at Trailways Hotel Nelson, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Thank you for your comments regarding Trailways Hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I will share your comments with our team as I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff, as we strive to continuously provide the highest level of service.

Sara and the team at Trailways Hotel

Reviewed 25 October 2013

Bed was so comfortable I woke up 2 hours after my regular wake up time. the tea coffe making equipment was in a cupboard at floor level so I didnt bother trying. i do prefer tea making facilies at bench height. the shower has an out swinging glass door so the floor gets wet when stepping out of shower. the room I had was smaller then most others and a wee bit cheaper. they have a bar and sell local beers. plenty of off street parking and close to town to take a short walk. I had difficulty logging onto to my wifi but at least the font was large enough to read.
the swipe card for the lights enters from the bottom of the unit unlike all others I have used, which slip in from the top.
standard key entry

Room Tip: swipe card for lights slips in under the unit pushing upward.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Trailways, Manager at Trailways Hotel Nelson, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Thank you for posting a review of Trailways Hotel. Our beds get lots of great feedback, so its lovely to hear you slept well. I appreciate your comments regarding the room and our bar. I certainly hope you will stay with us again.
Sara & the team at Trailways Hotel

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Stayed only 2 nights 11/10 & 12/10 but if staying in Nelson always stay at Trailways. Also ask for a room overlooking river, no problem. Rooms are spotlessly clean and very comfortable. Lounge Bar has very comfortable furniture and a great atmosphere. Dinning in is an absolute pleasure, excellent menu with excellent chefs. Have always found staff friendly and helpful. We were in Nelson this time for the Masters Games and had bikes with us (we entered cycle races). Staff allowed us to keep our bikes in empty Conference Room for the two nights and locked and unlocked door for us when required. I would suggest Trailways to anyone staying in Nelson and, yes, we will remain occasional guests.

Room Tip: Ask for room over looking river from numbers 70's to 80's I think.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Trailways, Manager at Trailways Hotel Nelson, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Thank you for your review. I love hearing from our repeat guests as we really enjoy seeing familiar faces return. The riverside rooms you mention are a great tip for other travellers, as its wonderful to see the water, birds and kayakers from your room, while still being a 5mins walk from town. I will pass your positive comments on to the chefs and the staff. I do hope the Masters Games went well for you both and that we wil see you back soon.
Sara & the team at Trailways Hotel

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Great room ,very clean with a view of the water staff were very friendly and couldn't do enough to help us including being great tour organizers, food was great and the bar was a great place to relax at the end of a long day of sight seeing one of our better experiences in Nelson !

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Trailways, Manager at Trailways Hotel Nelson, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of Trailways Hotel. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our staff enjoy providing suggestions on places to visit in our wonderful region, and they can give those insights only a local knows. I hope you visit us again soon.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

My room was clean, warm and comfortable, however the general attitude of staff was sadly - on the whole - grumpy and terse.

The main let down was breakfast. $21 for a full cooked breakfast was a bit steep, so my expectations were high. VERY disappointed. Small portions of bacon, cheap sausages, defrosted hashbrowns and over cooked eggs.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay, which is very important to us. I'm very sorry to hear that our staff were not as helpful and welcoming as I would expect and I will definitely pass your comments regarding the breakfast on to the head chef. I hope you visit us again to give us a second opportunity to provide the high standards we aim for.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

Great people. Outstanding friendliness of reception staff who were always ready to help. For example the free Wi-Fi was down so they made the effort to provide temporary access to Wi-Fi from another Hotel across the road until their own could be rectified. When you choose a Hotel based partly on its provision of Wi-Fi, and you depend on it working it is appreciated that they actually care to do a temporary "fix" so their customers are not disadvantaged. Hey, most operators in this part of the world would just shrug their shoulders, blame someone else and do nothing. WELL DONE!

Room Tip: Ask for one of the recently renovated rooms....great bathrooms...standing spa!!!!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for posting a review and for your understanding regarding the issue with the free WIFI. I'm glad we solved this for you. You will be delighted to hear that we have already planned to upgrade more of our rooms with the multi-jet spa showers you enjoyed so much, as they are extremely popular.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

My agency booked this hotel and I can only recommend that you choose wisely and select another place to rest for the night. This hotel, even thought I did not have to pay, is a expensive wana be hotel. The restaurant is shocking and the food quality is absolutely terrible. if you intend to have breakfast in the morning I can only recommend to go to some of the near by cafes. At least your morning starts in the right way. During the first night there was a noise and I was not able to figure out what it was but then again in the second night, it was there again and when I stepped outside I realized it is the person next door snoring! I do not think I need to say anymore to this. To say at least some good things, the location is good and the staff is good but everything else,

Room Tip: do yourself a favor and book another place to stay
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Pat S
Trailways, Manager at Trailways Hotel Nelson, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

All feedback is very important to us and we would like to thank you for taking the time to place this review. We are sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us and we have tried to contact you to get some information on the issues you encountered. We have taken your comments to our heads of departments to address.

We appreciate you sharing your concerns and we do sincerely apologise that in this instance we did not meet our usual high standards.

Kind regards, Sara & the team at Trailways Hotel Nelson