- Really enthusiastic and friendly greeting after a long drive. Fully shown around and everything explained.
- Free Internet. Only backpackers I went to with free internet. No annoying codes to buy and use.
- Free toast and waffles breakfast with instant coffee, tea, sugar and milk available. Waffles were fun (syrup as opposed to jam would make more sense to me though - but free, so no real complaints!). I think having a breakfast for everyone also creates a nice atmosphere where people can get to know each other.
- pub on-site with meal offers and discount for guests. Experienced no noise issues from pub.
- group activities for people to join in and suggested activities for the day.
- shower good and powerful
- nice outside communal area with hammocks and tables with umbrellas and inside communal area.
- lots of car parking space
- about a 10 minute walk into the town
- bunk bed I had was a bit rickety (though not uncomfortable)
- not many easily accessible power points in the room.
- kitchen area quite small
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Prince Albert Backpackers & Bar is centrally located in Nelson City. Our Heritage class building is located only minutes away from everything Nelson has to offer including mountain biking, hiking, natural swimming pools, arts and crafts and the famous Saturday Markets. The Prince Albert Backpackers and hostel provides today's travellers with the very best in modern facilities and accommodation including free unlimited WiFi and a free daily breakfast, while the locals bar and restaurant allows friendly interaction between the Nelsonites and the backpacker traveller.We have a range of rooms from 6 bed dorms, 4 bed share rooms, twins, and doubles. All of our rooms have en-suite facilities along with laundered and pressed linens and duvets. The backpackers uses a secure electronic keycard access system. Our guests also enjoy the exclusive use of a private sunny courtyard, private lounge, private kitchen and laundry facilities.Other facilities that you will find here at The Prince Albert Backpackers include a games room with Fussball, Darts, Ping Pong & Air Hockey, cruiser style bikes free of charge to explore Nelson and for the more adventurous individual we have quality mountain bikes for hire at the cheapest rate in town. With our free luggage storage you can also make The Prince Albert Backpackers your base-camp hostel to explore the 3 national parks within 1 1/2 hours from Nelson including the beautiful Abel Tasman and the alpine National Lakes.Factor in the discounts you will receive around town with our branded Prince Albert Backpackers wristband and we truly believe that once you have stayed with us you will seriously consider staying just that little bit longer... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Prince Albert Backpackers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.