“Fantastic Food and service...”
Review of Kraut's Restaurant & Bar - CLOSED

Kraut's Restaurant & Bar
Cuisines: German, Healthy
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Dear customers and friends of hearty German cuisine! After six succesful and exciting years of operating Kraut's in Nelson it is now time for a lifestyle change. We would love to thank all our customers and suppliers for their continued patronage and support. The Kraut's family: Raz, Jasmin, Doris and Vianne
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Fabulous german eatery...and good service is hard to find, we found it here...
I would def reccommend Krauts!!
nom nom

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Visited Kraut's while on holiday in Nelson, was looking forward to experiencing different food. It was a cold wet winter's night and restaurant was almost empty but the warm welcome we received certainly brightened up the evening. The service was outstanding, nothing was too much trouble. For our first course we shared a platter with our friends - really delicious and we all enjoyed our main meals. Sadly didn't have room for dessert but we will come back next time we visit Nelson and will recommend.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Because my wife and I had lived in Germany for a number of years we were looking forward to visiting this restaurant, encouraged by the good reviews we had read. However we were disappointed. For the place to be almost empty on a Friday night should have warned us that all was not well here. We cannot fault the service and the bread and cheese starter was excellent. We chose as our main the sample platter and got a huge plate of meat and chips. The schnitzels were bland and tough, the bratwurst and knockwurst were nothing to get excited about and the huge pork hock was so dry that we left the greater part of it. Maybe they were having an off night. I doubt that we will be back..

1  Thank David G
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I visited Krauts for the first time last night with a very good German friend of mine. The first stop i made, and always make when I go into any resturant was to the toilets as I feel this can be a good indication of how things behind the scenes may be. I could not believe how meticulous and impeccably clean this area was so I figured Im surely onto a winner here.
I was so blown away by the entire Krauts experience last night. The food was absolutely stunning and so delicious. My friend and I shared the Obazda as an entree and she said it was very authentic not to mention yum!
I had the Viennese schnitzel that came with a devine and good sized portion of the potato salad. I am generally not the biggest lover of this as a salad but Krauts version was fabulous. Great wine and great service, lovely atmosphere and ambience. Prices were really reasonable and I was more than happy with the portions sizes. I got the large and it was more than enough.

I have never been compelled to write a review of any Nelson resturant as they just havent really wowed me. I told the owner last night, Jazmyn (spelling?) that I was so impressed with their resturant that it would be remiss of me not to write something.
In a nutshell, I cannot wait to go back it was the best meal I have had in a very long time.

Keep up the great work guys.
Best wishes from a very very satisfied customer.

Kerry
Richmond, Nelson.

1  Thank Kerry1313
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Delicious food with a good selection to suit meat eaters and vegetarians alike. Staff were very friendly. Recommended.