“Superb German Cuisine”

Kraut's Restaurant & Bar
Cuisines: German, Healthy
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Dear customers and friends of hearty German cuisine! After six succesful and exciting years of operating Kraut's in Nelson it is now time for a lifestyle change. We would love to thank all our customers and suppliers for their continued patronage and support. The Kraut's family: Raz, Jasmin, Doris and Vianne
Reviewed 27 August 2014

We loved this restaurant. It was warm and bright and welcoming, and the food was fantastic. All the flavours of Germany but none of the stodge. And it was very good value too. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Dr_Abby

Reviewed 26 August 2014

We ate here last night, there were three in our party. My husband had the melon starter and was very impressed, my pork schnitzel main was very tasty and light, and we both loved the egg noodles and sauerkraut. The service was friendly, warm and impeccable. Loved the decor and atmosphere, and once inside is very warm and relaxing. If you like mulled wine on a cold winters night (as I do) their homemade version is a must to try, yum!

Reviewed 9 August 2014

I am from Germany and live locally in Nelson. I have been a Kraut’s many times and love the consistency, that the food and the service is always outstanding doesn't matter if you are alone, as a couple or in a large group. The owner is a great chef and creates generous and delicious authentic German meals. His sister is a gem with serving the guests in a professional friendly way with a nice smile. It is not a problem if you have special wishes for your meal order, they are always very helpful to make the customer satisfied. I have traveled a lot and I was always keen to try German Restaurants in foreign counties. Most of them were Bavarian Restaurants and the decoration always was in white and blue and of course you had to listen to “Bavarian oompah Music”. Luckily not at Kraut's, they created a contemporary look (and music) which perfectly suits a German Restaurant. I can highly recommend this Restaurant as I was never disappointed. Guten Appetit!

1  Thank Sigi22
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We had a farewell dinner for my son who is relocating to Germany. This was a fantastic place to share with him before he left.
The food and drinks are definitely German, the staff couldn’t have treated him and us better.
Lovely place to spend a few hours.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

I had pork schnitzel which was really good but accompaniments left much to be desired. Basically boiled carrots and soggy lettuce. Good sauce though. Husband had a rolled beef thingy (cannot recall the name, sorry!) but he did not enjoy it. Said it was dry and tasteless. I would recommend this place for decent basic comfort type food on a cold wintry night but it's kind of expensive for that sort of food. Service was friendly enough. Weird ambiance for a German themed restaurant. More post modern neon.

4  Thank GoNQCowboys