“More than I expected!!”

Jens Hansen Gold and Silversmith
Ranked #4 of 24 Shopping in Nelson
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Specialties The One Ring - The Lord of the Rings Ring for The Hobbit Manufacturing Jeweller Diamond Engagement & Wedding Rings Platinum - Gold - SilverValuations, Repairs, & Remodelling Ready to Wear & To Order Custom & Traditional Design Gold Buyers Since 1968 the Jens Hansen Gold and Silversmith workshop in Nelson, New Zealand has been making jewellery of uncompromising beauty. Diamond engagement rings, custom design wedding jewellery, dress rings, bracelets, pendants, brooches and silverware that offer pure contemporary lines and sculptural elegance have become the trademarks of the Jens Hansen workshop. All the jewellery is handcrafted, original, precious and crafted 'to be worn'. This simple philosophy rewards us with creative pieces that we all can embrace, afford and love, and was also the reason Peter Jackson asked Jens Hansen to design and make the ring depicted on screen as The One Ring™ for his film version of J. R. R. Tolkien's famous The Lord of the Rings™books. History Established in 1968 The Jens Hansen Gold and Silversmith Workshop was borne from passion of creativity and experimentation. The first Nelson workshop, set up in 1968, was in the front room of the family home at 8 Alton Street. This quickly became a centre for the local arts community, where Jens's talent, energy, enthusiasm, and outspoken personality drew people in from all over the world, and where Jens trained, worked with and influenced many of New Zealand's leading contemporary jewellers.Meet the Business Owner: Halfdan H.Halfdan is Jens Hansen's elder son, and has been director of the store for the last five years. He is committed to continuing his father's legacy, particularly when it comes to the Movie Ring that his father Jens and brother Thorkild worked on for the original The Lord of the Rings movie trilogy.
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I was an on line shopper with Jens Hansen and I couldn't be more happy with my total experience with them. I made a custom order of "the one ring" from Lord of the Rings Trilogy with custom engraving. Every step of the way Halfdan was there with his input and expertise. It came faster than I expected and was beautifully presented. The "one ring" that I have is simply gorgeous! The size, the weight, the design. So, elegant and refined. I would definitely order from them again. So, thank-you Halfdan and everyone else at Jen Hansen studio for a fantastic job and beautiful work of art!

There are newer reviews for Jens Hansen Gold and Silversmith

Reviewed 30 July 2013

Fantastic knowledgeable staff, a warm welcome and stunning jewellery. Not to mention the fantastic story of Jens and of course the One Ring.

Reviewed 4 July 2013

Wow...i mean wow, you will not find more breathtaking, stunning displays of fine craftsmanship anywhere else. The jewelry here is unparalleled. Meeting the people who make these fine arts is a whole different experience on top of it all. Did i not mention that these are the people who designed and made the One Ring from the infamous trilogy by Peter Jackson, 'The Lord of The Rings' you can purchase a tungsten one ring, plated in 24ct gold with or without subscription for only £60 ($100)! there are solid gold versions of this also that you get to hold and feel, the exact same dimensions, weight and materials that were used for the rings for the films. Just visit this place, you won't regret it. Looking at some other jewelry here, i've already made my mind up that when the time comes, here will be where i purchase my engagement ring, the rings here are so unique, you'll never see designs like this anywhere else!

1  Thank Kaan A
Reviewed 12 April 2013

While I did not visit Jens Hansen I ordered a One Ring over the Internet and it was fantastic! The service was brilliant when I needed to contact them, I was very impressed. So Jens Hansen Jewellers if you are reading this I wanted to tell you thank you for for great service, a beautiful One Ring and the power of invisibility! Lol

Reviewed 18 March 2013

I had a spare day in Nelson and decided to pop in as a LOTR fan. Instead another tourist destination I found a humble and lovely team who were quietly proud of their contribution to the LOTR movies. I quickly fell in love with their style and decided to buy a small silver ring. Despite being a relatively small budget purchase I was treated to the works in terms of service (they custom made the ring that afternoon as I was leaving early the next day) and Amanda was one of the friendliest kiwis I have met so far. I love my little ring and it will be an everlasting reminder of my time in NZ.