“Clean, Cozy and Comfortable”

Greens Motel Nelson
Ranked #32 of 41 Hotels in Nelson
Brisbane, Australia
“Clean, Cozy and Comfortable”
Reviewed 7 December 2011

We were most impressed as room was very clean, spacious, well-equipped and warm. Parking facility was also good. The owner was friendly, hospitable, very helpful and welcoming. Interiors were good, modern look. Room had a nice balcony with lovely view. it's great value accommodation indeed. Super awesome stay! Everything just fabulous!!!!! Highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Christchurch ,New Zealand
Reviewed 28 August 2011

This was my second stay at this motel which provides a very comfortable and homely level of accommodation. The rooms are crisp, clean and will meet your needs.

I was very impressed with the way the owners take pride in their motel and take interest in their guests. Personally I like to just come in and out without any fuss or disturbance, but it was still good to see owners/managers who care about the quality of their rooms.

The hotel is near to the airport, and like many other motels in the Tahuna area, there is some noise from the propeller planes taking off and landing at the airport. Just something to be aware of, but as I mentioned, this does affect many motels in the area.

The only downside to the rooms are the curtains. The curtains are a light colour and let almost full light in during daylight hours. Personally I like a dark room to sleep, and for many this may not affect them at all. But just something to be aware of anyway.

Otherwise highly recommended as a good base to visit the Nelson region.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed 5 August 2011

Have stayed here many times over the last 4 years for business and personal and found the accommodation to be of a very good standard.

The hosts are pleasant and easy to deal with and rooms modern and well sized. Room rates are very reasonable.

It is near the airport and next to the Nelson Golf Course but still close enough to the beach or city. Being well off the road you do not get much traffic noise and the airport does not operate too early in the morning so I have never had an issue sleep wise.

If you are looking for a central motel not in the city center I would happily recommend the Airport Greens Motel.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Champaign, Illinois
Reviewed 10 June 2011

My final day on the South Island was spent at the Airport, Greens Motel, Nelson, NZ. I had been on a week long hiking trip prior to this stay on the west coast. The showers in the bathroom of this motel was unbelievable -- I've never had so much water come down at once, and it was nice and hot. The room was clean as a whistle, and a balcony with a great view. The motel was less than a five minute drive to the airport, and the manager of the motel gave me a ride there at 6:30 in the morning. Nice people! If ever I return to Nelson, I will stay here.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Lausanne, Switzerland
Reviewed 4 May 2011

I staid at Brenda&Jim's motel on the first and last night of my trip since they're close to the airport and the rental agency I got my bike form.

They were extremely accommodating (I didn't even have to ask for a ride to the airport! I was thinking of walking, as it's only 20min by foot), the rooms are clean, comfortable and quiet (Nelson is a small airport, and there aren't any flights at night). The view is pretty nice, and rooms on the second floor (and possibly other ones as well, don't know) have a balcony.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
Wauchope, Australia
Reviewed 3 May 2011

This motel is close to the CBD of Nelson but not in a high traffic area. It is near the airport but aircraft noise was not noticeable. The room was complete with kitchen and there is an outdoor BBQ available. The management was very welcoming, were interested in any want we may have had and quick to help. In three weeks of touring New Zealand it was one of our best motels.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Feilding, New Zealand
Reviewed 27 April 2011

We used Airport Greens as a start and finish point for the Heaphy Track. My husband and I were travelling with two of our teenage children and my husbands elderly mother. Brenda and Jim were very accommodating and willingly stored our excess luggage until we returned from the tramp 5 days later. Although we had only booked one family unit we found, upon our return, that we had been upgraded to 2 separate rooms (at no cost to us) which gave us the added bonus of two very welcome showers between 5 people rather than having to share one. Although this motel is very close to the airport it is surprisingly quiet. The only time we heard any noise from planes was when we had our ranch slider open. Our sleep was certainly not interrupted at all. Very handy. Very clean. Very friendly hosts. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family