“Really good food in Nelson's pocket park” 5 of 5 bubbles

Streat Kitchen
Ranked #91 of 170 Restaurants in Nelson
Cuisines: Italian, French, American, British, New Zealand
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Streat Kitchen is a food cart that is set up in a pocket park in the centre of Nelson. The food served here is fresh, restaurant quality, made to order, fast and tasty!
Khao Lak, Thailand
“Really good food in Nelson's pocket park”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

After several people providing positive feedback about Streat Kitchen's food I thought I should try it myself. Given the chef's international experience (see Nelson Mail article: http://www.stuff.co.nz/nelson-mail/features/lifestyle/at-the-table/10001702/Eating-on-the-street) I had high expectations, and I was not disappointed! Streat Kitchen offers three meal types each day (meat, fish and vegetarian) and slider options based on the meals, as well as a selection of beverages.

I have now sampled two meals (fish and vegetarian) and both were flavourful, well presented and portion size was just right for lunch.

Streat Kitchen has engaged with a few other food cart businesses that are now working alongside Streat Kitchen providing a variety of food plus a coffee cart. Outdoor seating is available if you are not taking the meal away, and on a nice this is not a bad place to enjoy a warm, well prepared meal.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

• Korean first
Nelson, New Zealand
“Who would have thought??? Wow!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

It was a gorgeous day in town, so thought I'd meet my wife for a stroll and a bite of lunch. We'd heard some good things by word of mouth about Streat Kitchen so thought we'd give it a go.

It's situated along with a few other food carts a vacant lot off of Bridge street, and they have (obviously) outdoor seating under umbrellas. Your meal is brought to your table as in a restaurant.

Who would have ever thought that such excellent food would come from a little mobile kitchen? I had the fish sliders -- two, because I was hungry (this will make sense when you read their menu) and my wife had the vegetarian meal and we shared. After the good things we've heard from others I know we probably shouldn't have been as we were, but everything was delicious!

I know we're not talking about haute cuisine here, but our meals ticked the box in every aspect, including thinking of sustainability in terms of serving ware. Your meal is served hot in a compostible container with real cutlery.

Highly recommended for a welcome change of pace and really good food!

• Visited May 2014