“Perfect!”

Ranked #7 of 41 Hotels in Nelson
Perth, Australia
“Perfect!”
Reviewed 23 August 2013

We stayed at the Palazzo Motor Lodge in Nelson for one night in August and were so impressed! The hosts Kiara and Bob are SO helpful and friendly and make you feel like nothing is too much trouble. The rooms are modern and impeccably clean and the location is perfect - about a 3 - 5 minute walk to the fabulous cafe's and restaurants in town...
We are pretty fussy about accommodation and do like our luxuries and I can honestly say that this place is perfect.
We would definitely recommend staying here and can't wait to come back!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
South Island
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Had a great stay here in August with family in their lovely 2bedroom unit. Everything was perfect, clean and great hosts. Thanks guys we will be back ,probably on our own next time for some R n R and hopefully stay longer!

1 Thank relaxedSouthIsland
Christchurch
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Being a sales rep for the South Island, I travel almost every week from Nelson to Invercargill and this is by far my favourite place to stay out of them all! Kiara and Bob are the most lovely hosts and always make my stay while I'm in Nelson a very comfortable and enjoyable one. Rooms are always spotless and comfortable and the motel is in such a great spot, only a few minutes walk down to the city centre. I look forward to coming back to my 'home away from home' soon!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Myself and a friend stayed at Palazzo Motor Lodge for a week at the end of June. The motel was busy everyday but the fantastic hosts could not do enough for us. The rooms are absolutely beautiful and very tastefully decorated - they're impeccably clean, with modem decor without being clinical. A real 'At Home' feel! The breakfast was delicious, the best poached eggs I've ever had. It's all hands on deck at Palazzo, with cleaners on the go from the early hours to ensure the pristine appearance of the establishment. Kiara and Bob are definitely the best hosts I've ever come across. Kiara was a great help to us regarding organising our days with local tourist activities, as well as giving directions to town which is a short 10 minute walk away. Bob is a well-fed man whose fantastic restaurant recommendations kept our bellies more than satisfied for the week!! They are always on the property to ensure that their customers are happy and looked after. Their positive attitude and constant smiles really give this cosy motor lodge a homely feel. I would return in the morning if I could!! Thank you so much Kiara, Bob and Owen, we will definitely be back.

• Stayed June 2013
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2013

I stayed in the Plazzo Motor Lodge during my trip to NZ and I have to say that of all the places I stayed [ I traveled from Bay of Islands in the North Island to Milford sound in the south Island] somehow Kiara and Bob made Nelson seem like thee best spot in the whole of NZ. Their hospitality was second to none, with Kiara providing a vast knowledge of local tourist spots,restaurants,pubs and churches and then going to great lengths and booking everything from taxies to trips for us. The accommodation was fantastic, with meticulously clean well equipped rooms providing amazing comfort after very busy days,I can only compare it to a hotel I stayed in, in New York however it was the attention to detail and "The nothing is a bother" attitude of Kiara and Bob that made our stay so enjoyable. Our suite had a fantastic spa bath with wonderful luxurious toiletries provided which was very welcome experience each evening. I would highly recommend The Palazzo to any person whether alone or with family and friends. If I'm fortunate enough to re visit NZ,I will make a point of staying there again.
A Irish.

Room Tip: Its worth the few extra dollars to stay in the executive suite, so spacious and that marvelous spa b...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed 15 August 2013

We traveled to NZ in the slow season and stopped by Nelson to stay for a night after a long day of driving. We were hungry and cold but read the reviews on Trip Advisor so we stopped by to check out the lodge. The owner, Kiara, was rude and abrupt in showing us a room and impatient to help us. When showed the room it smelled musty and the carpets were dirty. We ended up leaving without staying due to the poor service and condition of the room.

Auckland
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Such a great place to stay, the rooms were spotlessly clean (and I'm picky!) and Kiara gave us great advice and inside info on tours and local restaurants. I loved the spa bath in our room, very relaxing after a hard days sightseeing.

Room Tip: Go for a room with a spa bath!