“Simply Eco amazing”

Ranked #6 of 55 Nelson B&B and Inns
Paris, France
“Simply Eco amazing”
Reviewed 24 July 2013 via mobile

I loooooooove this place. I stayed in the garden studio. Very beautiful, very warm and cosy. I used the wood burner, quite rare to find this in an accommodation... The whole place is super Eco friendly...
Paulina is a wonderful host, very kind, very hospitable, and the breakfast was out of this world.
Great value for money.
Quite rare, really.

• Stayed July 2013
paulina2009, Owner at Joya Garden & Villa Studios, responded to this review, 14 August 2013
Merci! Glad to have received such a glowing review from an experienced traveller.
Much appreciated! Paulina

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We arrived on a rainy cold day & Paulina welcomed us in with a hot coffee. We went out for the day & returned to a heated cosy room. Very restful wonderful stay. Paulina went out of her way to help us. Thanks!

Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you so much for these kind words. Glad to have been of service and that you enjoyed staying here. Wishing you well, Paulina
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 14 June 2013

Tena tatou katoa...

I was expecting just your run of the mill Bed and Breakfast... When I arrived I thought I was at the wrong place... A friendly note on the door said to enter and call out... Someone will be around somewhere... I had to laugh... When was the last time I was anywhere and the place was not locked... Hmmmm... Reminded me so much of my younger days at home... Where kids could be kids and just walk in an out of people's homes with no worries of people doing anything bad...

The house in amazing... Huge windows and the wood treatment throughout the place is magical...

I was visiting a friend at the hospice down the road also family in the surrounding areas... Joya is very handy to everything that Nelson has to offer a traveler...

They say the most important meal of the day is when you Break Fast... WoW... Totally organic and vegetarian... Having recently only turned vegetarian the possible choices on offer for your meal was absolutely delectable...

The rooms are very spacious an can accommodate anyone's budget...

I can't say enough about the place...

Thank you Paulina and Family...

Arohanunui atu... Pita

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
paulina2009, Owner at Joya Garden & Villa Studios, responded to this review, 16 June 2013
Kia Ora,
Thank you for your words, your kindness and for offering me a glimpse into Moari culture and wisdom during those early morning breakfasts.
Much appreciated,
Tamaki Makarau-Aotearoa
Reviewed 13 June 2013

Not only is this a gorgeus home to stay in, but Paulina is a most warm and welcoming person. The views from the house are amazing, it is located in a very old part of Nelson, surrounded by stunning homes. The Villa room is very spacious and luxurious. My Nelson visit was really busy and I was sorry I did not have time to have a long slow breakfast, and sample more of the delicious organic food. I would love to stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
for this review of course and for the exchanges we had.
I wish you all the best,
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 19 May 2013

My stay in Nelson at Joya was a perfect stay.. with the wonderful Paulina and her family. I loved my room with some nice peaceful environment, a balcony to myself with a small swing and lot of 'me' time. Paulina was a perfect host taking care of all my needs and providing some amazing organic breakfasts and recommending tons of non toursity things to do in Nelson. Thank you Paulina for making me so comfortable and also had some lovely conversations with you. I will definitely recommend Joya to many more and look forward to seeing you again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for your kind words.
It was good to meet you, and I do appreciate that you had a chance to go for a few great walks here. Hope to catch up again, saw that you 'friended' me on Facebook also. Thanks for that,
Namaste,
Pauliina
auckland
Reviewed 26 April 2013

I have been in Joya for one week and I felt like in home. The apartment is so beautiful and sunny, clean and tidy, quiet, spacious and very close to the city centre. The heart of the place is Paulina, she is the kindest, supportive and helpful woman that I met in many years, she will welcome you with a big smile and will make sure that you have everything you need and more. I highly reccomend you to stay more than three days to really get the most of this place and its host. Without any doubt the best place to stay in Nelson.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank yolandamaca c
Kia Ora, and muchas gracias for your positve feedback. Glad you enjoyed Joya.
You still have quite an interesting journey ahead before you're home.
Thanks again and until we meet again, some time near NZ's summer?
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed 24 April 2013

I feel as the information given in the website was misleading as it did not reflect the service I received. My experience of Paulina was that she is not as 'nice' as she makes out to be in her website. Clearly every one else who has reviewed has felt differently about the service, but this how I experienced it.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank kiwi-takes-flight
paulina2009, Owner at Joya Garden & Villa Studios, responded to this review, 28 April 2013
Kia Ora,

Thank you for this review.

Positve or negative comments, they all need to voiced, understood and dealt with.
However, it would have been better, for me, as well as for Tripadvisor's readers if you would have been more explicit about what the issues were. In other words, if there would have been a description of a situation, anything that explains your dissatisfaction.

As it stands now, the 2 stars relate to ' lack of service' which puzzles me.

I generally do 'read' people pretty well, but had no idea I might have displeased you in any way. So what happened? What did I do, or not do?

On the last day of your stay, when you came up to the house you mentioned you were pondering staying an extra day. Just in case your decision to stay hinged on budget, I offered to give you even more of a discount than you already had requested and received. Something I rarely do, but from what you had shared with me over breakfast I knew that having some " time out, for you was important. The gesture was there, but no amounts were mentioned. You still were to come back to me about it., once you'd made the decision. But then, in the morning you had disappieared. Without a word or a note.

What did I miss here?
If you don't like me, or trust me, that is fine. Why should you indeed? However, a 2 star rating takes a while to bounce back from. I much rather would have learnt what it was that really triggered this.
Perhaps you are willing to let me know at some stage? Just email me.
Regards, Paulina