“Quirky Accommodation with a touch of home”

Joya Garden & Villa Studios
Ranked #4 of 55 Nelson B&B and Inns
Singapore, Singapore
“Quirky Accommodation with a touch of home”
Reviewed 19 December 2013 via mobile

Stylish and homely, my short stay at Joya has been comfortable and inspiring. Paulina was most accommodating and helpful in providing useful information around the town.

The variety of modern room amenities provide convenience and comfort. The garden villa is very spacious and well-maintained.

Strategically located (just a few minutes walk) from the city center, Joya is definitely the place to stay if you are in Nelson!

Stayed July 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Upper Hutt, New Zealand
Reviewed 30 November 2013

My daughter and I stayed in the Villa Studio for six nights then a month later for eight nights. We were actually there to take part in the Tomatis Listening Prgramme which Paulina managed to fit in and around us getting a good look around Nelson and its surrounds. Nothing was ever a problem and Paulina went out of her way to make sure we were very comfortable. We quickly adapted to life at the Joya Centre and it always felt good after being out to be back 'home' again. Such was the feeling it gave us with its quiet location, garden outlook, shady porch and natural surroundings. I would not hesitate to reommend the Joya Centre to anyone wanting some peace and quiet and a bit of spoiling. Regardless of which room you stay in you will find it hard to find another host as hospitable as Paulina. Thank you!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed 24 November 2013

lovely garden and spacious villa with a excellent hostess contributed to my wonderful stay experience in Joya. my favourite part is the private garden where you can set you romantic dinner and enjoy the beautiful natural setting.moreover, i left my bag with very very important stuff including my purse in the room when i check out, and guess what, the nice hostess contact me even before i realised it and courier it back to me immediately for free...so touched! will come back to stay in that fabulous place definitely!

Room Tip: every room with uniqueness.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Emily11YUAN
London, UK
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I spent three weeks in NZ back in February (I've no excuse for not writing this review until now!) and spent the last few days in Nelson at Joya Garden. I felt at home in Nelson almost immediately and no small part of that is due to Paulina's wonderful B&B and hospitality. She was welcoming and helpful from the moment I arrived.

I stayed in the Den, the only single room, which was small but perfectly formed, and exactly what I needed. I spent a couple of days in Abel Tasman and then decided to extend my visit for an extra day. Paulina was more than accommodating with all my plans. She even upgraded me so I could spend the last night before my trip back to the UK in the tranquil Garden Studio. I wish I could have spent more time there.

And as you'll have noticed from the other reviews, breakfast has not been the same since leaving Joya. A feast of healthy options, with homemade breads, jams and freshly prepared almond milk. If only New Zealand weren't so far away, I'd stay at Joya more often.

Room Tip: The studios are heavenly but I also got quite attached to the Den (the single room).
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
Solihull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I stayed at Joya for one night as part of my "Road Trip" in south island. Paulina couldn't have been more hospitable and welcoming. As it was a quiet time of year, she was kind enough to upgrade me to a much larger room, which I hardly had chance to enjoy bearing in mind my one night stay! It opened out onto a lovely garden. The whole feel of the place is restful and relaxing. The breakfast was all home made and delicious. Highly recommended for a peaceful short stay in Nelson.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 September 2013

An oasis in Nelson, Paulina's was a wonderful place to stay overnight between two busy workdays. Quiet, beautifully designed room in a great garden setting. Creative and memorable breakfast with a beautiful view. A taste of luxury.

• Stayed September 2013
Sydney, Australia
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 2,348 helpful votes
Reviewed 6 September 2013

This heavenly spot truly encapsulates what Nelson is about with its low-allergen materials,high eco-values,natural therapies and wholesome food.
Breakfast was complete and most satisfying. Very comfortable rooms and beds in a B&B room with garden. Hats off to the owners. Loved the stay.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple