“Excellent Choice - Incredibly Helpful Owners” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bay Crest Motor Lodge

Bay Crest Motor Lodge
Ranked #3 of 42 Hotels in Nelson
“Excellent Choice - Incredibly Helpful Owners”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

We were delighted with our 3-night stay at Bay Crest. It was somewhat further from the city center than we expected, but no more than 8-10 minutes by car and there were nearby options for dining and groceries. All of the rooms were large and recently redone with new furniture, countertops and efficient kitchen facilities. There was some road noise during the afternoon, and the airport was close by, but all of the noise fell away during nightime and early morning hours. As it turns out, I suffered a knee injury during my visit to Nelson. The motel owner, Phil, could not have been more caring and helpful, a genuinely nice man with a warm laugh and a generous spirit. I don't expect you to spend two days icing your injury, but it was rewarding to know that a local owner was very much in your corner. We would definitely choose this place if we visited the Nelson area again.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Tauranga, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

Very Hospitable and excellent service,quality accommodation !!!
Next time I'm back in Nelson i would stay at the Bay Crest again
was lucky to have a spa bath in my room,modern features and
enough space in the room for a party to be had ,Thanks for the great stay.

Room Tip: was on ground floor and very comfortable
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for work while working on the raroa. The room was perfect it was modern. Clean. And spacious. The team at baycrest are awesome! Very welcoming and helpful. Would totally recommend this place!!! The location is spot on not too far away :)

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Waipu, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

I stayed at Bay Crest for a little over 3 weeks, during which time I was working full-time night shifts at Port Nelson.
The unit was clean, quiet and well-appointed, and the owner Phil went out of his way to fit around my anti-social shifts in servicing the unit.
In addition to all the other help, Phil and his wonderful staff even took my laundry every other day, returning it to my unit washed, dried and folded.
I will definitely look to stay here anytime I am back in the Nelson area.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Christchurch, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2013

I have been going to this Motor lodge for the past four years, approximately every 4 weeks. Sylvia and Anton, have the CLEANEST units I have ever been in, as well as being comfortable (great beds!!)
The Motel is a shortwalk to the estuary/beach, and only ten minutes walk to main beach.
NO TRAFFIC NOISE!!! Yay! I will miss going here. Thank you for looking after me and making me always feel at home!
I recommend this place to anyone who asks where to stay in Nelson.

Room Tip: The studio units have bigger spa baths...but Room 20 is upstairs, has a separate bedroom, and you ge...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Carterton, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2013

I have stayed here every couple of months for the pass 6 years. As a business traveler Bay Crest Motel has every thing you could need. I would happily stay here on holiday too! Anton & Silvia (hosts) have been very accommodating over the years and I love how close Bay Crest is to the beach. Lovely rooms, very clean, comfortable and have always looked forward to my next visit.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
near Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2013

We stayed for 3 nights and the weather was great. The managers were very accommodating, as we only booked one night and then extended our stay. They even gave us a towel to go to the beach which is a short walk away.

The room is very clean and comfortable and has everything you'd want. The room was large and bright. This is in a residential area but you can hear the planes from the airport - however they don't take off very late at night. In the morning the planes do start around 7.

There are restaurants not too far - about 10 to 15 minutes walk. We went to The Lounge which was very good and reasonably priced.

We drove one day to Abel Tasman and then toured Nelson another day. We walked into Nelson along the water and took the town bus back - this was a full day. We really enjoyed it!

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor which has a common balcony. Also we decided on a larger room for $10 m...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple