“Arguably the BEST in Nelson!”

Lambretta's Cafe Bar
Ranked #21 of 175 Restaurants in Nelson
Cuisines: Bar, Pizza, Cafe, European, New Zealand
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Wellington, New Zealand
“Arguably the BEST in Nelson!”
Reviewed 19 December 2013 via mobile

Truly dedicated owner and staff whose service is nothing less than "world-class". I visit Nelson a few times every year and Lambrettas is my compulsory stop for the very best food and coffee. The quality of the menu offering is outstanding at a great price! This place continues to exceed my expectations and is no doubt, the envy of its competitors!

• Korean first
Blenheim
“Great! As always.”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

We are regular patrons to the cafe and we choose to stop here for lunch every time we are over for the day from Blenheim. The food is always great and service is efficient. My in laws were visiting from India and we took them here for lunch, and they were very pleased with the pizzas and salads, we had ordered for lunch. Service we great, even though it extremely busy and we were politely informed about a possible delay at the time of ordering.

All in all we had a great meal and walked away feeling extremely content and satisfied.

• Visited October 2013
Christchurch, New Zealand
“OK at best”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

We were looking forward to dining at Lambretta's on our recent visit to Nelson as we had fond memories of this busy cafe from our Christmas holidays in Nelson some years ago. Alas, it did not live up to the reputation of the past. Our pizza was under cooked and disappointing and the coffee rather milky. I must admit the cabinet food looked great and maybe I will try this next time. The atmosphere is worth the visit.

• Visited October 2013
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Excellent food inside this very spacious cafe”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

This cafe came highly recommended so I thought that i would try it. The food on the whole was excellent- a great menu and well cooked. The service was slick. The added attraction of a kids area that is closed off but visible is a good idea. The only thing that stopped it getting a 5 was that the prices were a bit higher than they needed to be. Also its time to change the furniture.

Visited September 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Exceptional Food”
Reviewed 17 August 2013

I wish there was a Lambretta's in Sydney, Australia. The food is terrific as is the atmosphere. I always make my way there when I'm in Nelson and while I intend to sample more items on the menu I find it impossible to go past the Seafood Chowder which is the best I've tasted. If I could make it like this I'd never leave home. My friends assure me all the menu options are equally great. Definitely a recommendation.

• Visited August 2013