“Great times with Great food and Great people!!!”

Lone Star Cafe & Bar Nelson
Ranked #78 of 183 Restaurants in Nelson
Price range: US$3 - US$24
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The home of the Nelson Lone Star restaurant is a wonderful building that oozes Art Deco charm on the outside but contemporary luxury on the inside. There is a large bar that flows to the outdoor area. Enjoy Cocktails and beersies after work or later in the evenings. There are spacious dining sections available with our experienced and friendly staff always nearby to help you and your friends enjoy your evening with us. Children are especially welcome and have their own menu to choose from, colouring in & traffic light drinks. Don't forget to tell us if its your Birthday - we're likely to have a treat in store for you. Lone Star Nelson, our aim is to make it a "Great Time, Every Time!!!"
Reviewed 23 December 2013

I really enjoy a good sized meal with a lively, relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Lone star provides a generous helping of quality food. The staff are fun and pronto with service however still give you the space for personal and uninterrupted dining. Great atmosphere for any occasion!!!

Reviewed 22 December 2013

After receiving an unexpected and very much appreciated $50.00 dining voucher in the post as part of a promotional initiative that Lone Star Nelson runs we set off for dinner.
We were most impressed by the friendly and professional service that we received. It was also noticeable to us how happy the team appeared in their work.
Our meals were delicious, being cooked exactly to our liking and also extremely generous in size (We had enough left overs to take home for our lunch the next day yum yum)
Many thanks Lone Star for a wonderful dining experience.

Reviewed 22 December 2013

I loved the meal, the service and the menu. Especially the Lamb Salad and yoghurt and mint dressing. Keep it up guys, it works.

Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

So went there for a work do... my steak was well under seaso ed and the cheesecake was very average...

Reviewed 13 November 2013

I have taken my children to Lone Star Nelson a handful of times over the last few years and the meals have always been good. This visit was no exception. I had the Johnny Cash Stash and my son had Cajun Chicken, medium size meals. Both meals were cooked to perfection, the chicken tasty, the coleslaw fresh and and chips crunchy and golden. The meal size was just right for me but my son said he thought he could have tackled the full sized meal. The other two children had hot dogs from the kids menu and their meals included a drink and ice cream dessert. My son had the Jack Daniels chocolate fudge pudding which I managed to cadge a spoonful of....YUM. The waiter was attentive and knew the specials. My only complaint would be the length of time it took for the meals to arrive - over half an hour. Too long when kids are waiting to eat. The restaurant was also quite loud, due to the wooden floor I guess. Overall a pleasant family dining experience. The bill of $95.00 not too bad for a treat.