“Exceptional Food!”

The Vic Brewbar
Ranked #13 of 180 Restaurants in Nelson
Price range: US$7 - US$25
Cuisines: Gastropub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: The Vic Brewbar is the South Island’s first fully-fledged Mac’s Brewbar. Found in the historic Victorian Rose building on Trafalgar Street and known by locals as the “Vic Rose”, the Brewbar is a unique Nelson pub and restaurant that offers live entertainment every weekend, great service from friendly staff, delicious food and all your favourite beers on tap. It’s no wonder The Vic is a staple of the local hospitality industry!
Reviewed 6 October 2013

My husband and I both walked away from this restaurant raving about it being the best meal that we had had in a long long time! I had a chicken salad and it was the most succulent chicken I have ever tasted. My husband had a special 'butcher's board' that had a selection of pork, rib fillet and chicken and he agreed that it was the best chicken he had ever tasted. The table service was excellent. We were very, very impressed!

Reviewed 10 September 2013

We had the roast and the lamb pie - both were delicious! It was nice and warm in there, and had a nice atmosphere. Quite big portions, too. The staff were also quite welcoming and friendly.

Reviewed 25 August 2013

A lot of people when giving reviews will say " one of the best..............I've ever tasted"
Not me, the burger I had from The Vic Brewbar is the BEST I've ever had. It literally had me shaking, mind you that may have had something to do with the earthquake. I made sure that when the bar manageress came round and told us to get under the tables I had that burger with me.
It was a Friday afternoon when we visited on a trip from Auckland and the manageress played along with our banter and made us feel most welcome as did the locals. All in all it was a most enjoyable afternoon.

Michael Joy
Auckland

Reviewed 4 August 2013

Incredible food, I just kept coming back for more, and that's saying a lot considering I was meant to be on a backpackers budget!!! The prices are very good, and there are some cracking deals on certain nights. The staff are a fantastic bunch and always seem to have a smile on their face. The Vic somehow manages to capture the homely feel of a classic English pub whilst having a modern look to it. The place also has the added advantage of being open for more hours than any other local establishment.

Reviewed 16 July 2013

Hand made nacheros to die for - awesome chilli con carn bean mix... what more is there to say! Check it out or not.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant