“Good food”

Diggers Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 23 Restaurants in Russell
Price range: US$4 - US$18
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Come and enjoy relaxed dining in the warm, friendly environment of the local Russell RSA. We serve good, wholesome food at very reasonable prices. Dine in the Restaurant or outside in the covered courtyard. A childrens menu is available and there's even a toy box to keep the little ones amused too.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Good food”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Wow, great value for money meals. Very tasty. I had a chicken salad, and my husband had a steak meal. Both very good. Recommend highly.

Visited March 2014

Bedale, United Kingdom
“Very good food, very reasonable prices!”
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

After reading the reviews, we decided to eat here last evening. The staff were very friendly, including the young English chefs. Between 4 of us, we sampled three different main courses, the T-bone steak, which was pronounced to be as tender as fillet, the lamb shanks, excellent, and the fish and chips, gurnard, a little too heavily battered for my liking, but very tasty. We shared the battered scallops between two, as there were 6 large scallops! With the wine and drinks, we paid around 45dollars each, which is excellent value. Well recommended.

Visited March 2014
Russell Bay of Islands New Zealand
“You can't beat a good Kiwi cook up”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Took my 92 year old Dad for a RSA dinner after reading other local reviews and we were not disappointed. Modest surroundings keen prices for beers and great food, what more can a couple of old buggers want.

• Visited December 2013
Russell, New Zealand
“Great place badly situated”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

The food at Diggers is first class and the price is very reasonable but where this restaurant is lets it down.
The situation of being inside, at the back of the local RSA makes this not a memorable experience.
It is set out like a cafateria from the 70's.
it is really let down by the lack of ambiance.

• Visited January 2014
Sydney, Australia
“Great Meal, Great People!”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

While on holiday in the Bay of Islands I went to dinner at the Diggers Restaurant RSA in Russell with my family. I was very impressed with the quality of food and the reasonable prices. The meals where large and delicious. I had the fried scallops and the lightly spiced calamari/squid which was beautiful and my family had the steak that was cooked to perfection. The staff were very polite and friendly and I would suggest a family meal here anytime.

• Visited March 2014