“Highly Recommend !!!!”

Dining options: Reservations
Auckland, New Zealand
“Highly Recommend !!!!”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We ate at Tuk Tuk for both nights we stayed at Russell and would definitely recommend this restaurant to evryone. The food and service was exceptional. Charlie is an excellent host and Linda is a fantastic chef. We are looking forward to going to Tuk Tuk again as soon as possible.

• Visited March 2014

uk
“Great vege food”
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I am vegan and my partner vegetarian and they were more than happy to cater to us - there are vege items marked on the menu and assured of no fish sauce. We both really enjoyed it. The green curry was especially lovely with a fresh lime leaf flavour and mini thai aubergines. It was a bit of a hidden gem in Russell, It's a shame the pub/hotel on the seafront seems to get all the trade.

Would go again.

• Visited March 2014
“4 for the food which is very good.”
Reviewed 28 February 2014

The food here is extremly good but the service from the front of hous manager is something different. I always thought that the front of house were trained to make customers feel welcme and to gently engage them in pleasant conversation. Here it is the other way round and it seems as if you have to go out of your way to get a smile or any srt of welcome out of the rather grumpy, gruff manager.
The food on the other hand is excellent and it worth trying if you are in the area. Just be mindful of the dog although once you get to know him, he is ok and probably doesn't know or care how he comes accross

• Visited February 2014
west yorks
“looking for something different”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

went early feb looking for something a bit different the owner a New Zealander i think looked a bit un interested but how wrong i was the chef who we met was Thai. started with a mixed platter wife had green curry son a type of stir fry i had a full steamed snapper with strips of fresh ginger and mixed veg on top delicious i even had the eyes !! after mixed Thai fruit salad son ordered fried ice cream really but got banana fritters lovely coffee NZ wine and beers $120 dollars a steal if you are in Russell any time and if you fancy something tasty do try here it really is lovely it is not on the front just look for the tuk tuk outside ps the place is spotless clean

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank franny59
Hamilton, New Zealand
“Worst customer service ever!”
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Will never go here again. The guy behind the bar was rude, surly and disinterested. Not a polite or conversational word came out of his mouth. He mostly just grunted and shot us looks that blatantly told us we were nothing but an inconvenience. I requested a takeaway MILD Pad Thai as I have medical conditions that are aggravated by spicy food, and it was specified on the menu all meals came in mild, medium or hot. When we got it home it was extremely spicy and burned my tongue and throat badly in one bite and was completely inedible for me, but also too spicy for my partner who likes spicy food. As we stay in a place not too far away, I stayed home to nurse my throat and asked my partner to take it back and see if they could make it mild like I had requested. That same man got grumpy and told my partner to "harden up" and when my partner said it wasn't for him but for me, the man replied "well tell her to "harden up". Not exactly the sympathetic response I would have received from every other food place in Russell, and not a professional response in any capacity. To their credit they remade the food but with a whole heap of snarky attitude and did not include the slice of lemon as they did in the first one. The replacement was good but a little hard to swallow with a burnt raw throat. Disgusting customer service, such a shame too because the food really is very good. I guess if you don't mind paying to be treated with contempt, disdain and insignificance, then this would be a place to go. Not surprised it seemed so empty now. Will definitely return to Russell but will bypass this place and it's bitter host.

• Visited January 2014