My husband and I (and our friends) stayed at The Eyrie for 3 nights recently. The villa itself was absolutely beautiful with amazing views. The pool and deck area were lovely and the hot tub was fantastic (particularly with a glass of bubbles in hand)!
The villa had everything you could possible want and the food provided for breakfast was just lovely.
William was our contact for this trip and I don't think he was ever off duty! He was available every time we needed him (even picking us up from Russell himself) and couldn't have been more helpful. We had booked a parasailing trip for the Sunday morning and William offered to reconfirm the booking for us that morning. When he phoned them he found that the boat had broken down so the trip was cancelled. My friend asked if there was any way we could get on the water (as it was such a beautiful day) and within 30 minutes William had arranged a private sailing trip (half day) for us - wow, what incredible service!
We also had a picnic provided for us one day and a private chef (Keith) one evening. The food on both occasions was great and Keith did an amazing job for us. I definitely recommend booking the private chef option for at least one meal.
If we ever manage to get back to this part of the world we will definitely return to this wonderful place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Eagles Nest is a multi award winning retreat overlooking the spectacular Bay of Islands. The 75 acre estate offers five world class luxury villas. Each offering; private heated infinity edge lap pool (excl First Light Villa), jacuzzi, air conditioning, home theater system. Talented chefs prepare cuisine featuring regional delicacies matched with New Zealand wines. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Eagles Nest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eagles Nest Hotel Russell
- Eagles Nest Russell, New Zealand - Bay Of Islands