We stayed at Eagles Nest for our wedding anniversary in June last year. (It has taken me awhile to get around to reviewing it!)
I had heard so much about it and had anticipated staying for so long.
It is the best place I have EVER stayed and I travel a lot and stay in nice hotels.
We stayed in the First Light house which is one of the smaller houses, but it's still big for two people! Private house with sea views, surrounded by lush bush and gardens, with a gym and sauna in the garage and a spa out in the garden. A large deck with BBQ, which we didn't need because we took advantage of the private chef on offer!!
When we arrived we drove into our gated private house. We were so impressed. The Manager let us in and showed us around before leaving us for the weekend.
There was champagne on arrival (complimentary) and the kitchen is well stocked with everything you need. Two loaves of bread, one white, one wheat, eggs, bacon, cheese, butter, spreads, cereals, juices, sodas, milk, fresh fruit ... so many things and they are all included and replenished daily!! There is also a Nespresso machine, all the mod cons of a kitchen, and plenty of bottles of wine available for purchase.
The house is equipped with all the latest TV channels and a great stereo system with a large music selection.
There are two bathrooms and the bedroom is on a mezzanine. You are woken by the sun and the view. The house all glass and it's beautiful.
We were offered many exclusive activities for our weekend like fishing, sailing, swimming with dolphins etc. But we decided to just relax, reading magazines and books, sitting in the spa, visiting the Russell township. We even got a massage and facial in our room, which was fantastic.
The Private Chef was great. He is very respectful and will not disturb you unless you want him to. We chatted to him while he cooked us a delicious three course meal (see my photos). We had the fire going and the rugby on the big screen TV. It was a luxurious experience.
I will definitely go back to Eagles Nest for my next special occasion. I may even take some friends and stay in the 'Big House' with infinity pool.
If you want luxury you will never forget, I recommend Eagles Nest above all others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Eagles Nest is a multi award winning retreat overlooking the spectacular Bay of Islands. The 75 acre estate offers five world class luxury villas. Each offering; private heated infinity edge lap pool (excl First Light Villa), jacuzzi, air conditioning, home theater system. Talented chefs prepare cuisine featuring regional delicacies matched with New Zealand wines. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with MrandMrsSmith, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Eagles Nest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eagles Nest Hotel Russell
- Eagles Nest Russell, New Zealand - Bay Of Islands