Stayed at 'The Duke' for two nights and what a treat. We rang to say we would be late arriving and this was not a problem. Everyone made us feel welcome. Great lunch and dinner.
Enjoyed the atmosphere and reading the information book in the room about the hotel facilities was worth the read. So different from all others I have seen. Go there and read it for yourself to see what I mean.
Great room (4) over looking the sea and got some good photos.
If driving, I would suggest you go by the Ferry if travelling at night ($12 for car, driver and passenger) rather then going via the road.
Unfortunately we did not get to see the great sunset we had heard about, so will just have to go back again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Duke of Marlborough has been Refreshing Rascals and Reprobates since 1827 and holds New Zealand’s first liquor license. The Duke, as it is affectionately known is located on the waterfront in the picturesque village of Russell in the stunning Bay of Islands and is a great place to recharge the batteries, catch up with friends or simply enjoy the moment. With easy access to an exciting array of activities or sipping a glass of wine on our balcony there is plenty to see or do. There are three levels of accommodation our waterfront rooms with views across the water to Waitangi Treaty grounds and Paihia, bigger family rooms when you need extra space or our convenient standard rooms. All rooms have their own en-suites, Sky TV, wifi accessibility and tea and coffee making facilities. With an award winning chef and restaurant manager the restaurant at The Duke focuses on a menu packed with fresh seasonal Northland produce. The bar has an extensive list of New Zealand wines and beers – something for everyone to enjoy while watching the sunset. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Agoda, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Duke of Marlborough Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Duke Of Marlborough Russell
- Duke Of Marlborough Hotel Russell, New Zealand - Bay Of Islands