“Incredible chocolate!”
Review of Newport Chocolates

Newport Chocolates
Ranked #1 of 3 Shopping in Russell
More attraction details
Owner description: Handcrafted Chocolates, made with 100% swiss chocolate and infuse with local New Zealand ingredients. Open in 2 locations Russell factory and Auckland Factory. Our product is real with out addings or preservatives, we offer purest Chocolate.
Reviewed 26 August 2013

The only trouble we had at this store was which chocolates to choose!! We LOVED every single one. The owner was lovely and friendly too, and obviously has a passion for her craft. We will be back.

All reviews
"handmade"
"cream"
"preparation"

Reviewed 9 June 2013

Tried both Newport and Kerikeri chocolate factory (I have a chocolate problem!) on our travels in the Bay of Islands and there is absolutely no comparison - Newport more delicious by a country mile! They are truly exceptional chocolates and like anything if you want quality, or in this instance delectable luxury, then you pay for it, but compared with places around the world not excessively priced. In fact, I thought Matakana were very average compared to previous experience which was embarrassing as they were a gift - no wonder the birthday girl shared them out to everyone! They weren't fresh and can't explain but the taste was just off. Their shortbread was nice though.

The Russell experience was enjoyable, the guy was friendly, the choice was very varied and innovative, and like any proper hand-made chocolate place (not a factory!) you can pick and choose to suit your taste. Highly recommend and will slip the Newport biz card into my hubby's wallet as a hint for my birthday....here's praying they can post them down south!

2  Thank aege
Reviewed 11 May 2013

I am keen on chocolates and know the business well. Guys, you're doing a great job! I like the way your experiment with the different flavors. I love your guinness and cranberry, sea salt and caramel and the chili an raspberry... Go on and all the best!

Reviewed 9 May 2013

Well over-priced, seems like premixed chocolate that anyone could make at home, they just add fruit etc to it. Again it did taste good but not at all for the price!
The shop does look nice, but the male staff member was just plain rude.
We found a 'real' chocolate factory in Kerikeri.

2  Thank Gary B
Newport C, Manager at Newport Chocolates, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2013

This is a well think strategy from our direct competitor in kerikeri, we will keep doing what we doing, as this will make us stronger, we have a much better product.
You target exactly what affect you, and you send them to you at the end. My clients they know what they get an see us working and doing our chocolates on site.
TRIPADVISOR IS NOT A EXACT SYSTEM AND CAN BE USED TO DO EXACTLY THIS.
yesterdays they hack banks for 45millons around the world, tripadvisor is not that hard....
I am apealing to tripadvisor to remove this clear targetting on my business as doent complaind with the guidelines.
This review is accusing and deliver all the wrong messages.
I will accept the fact that someone didnt like my product but still is chocolate and will never in a millon years will put into terrible.
This review is sending straight to the competitor doors and is publishing his own business.
If this will be the way that trip advisor manage this website will only clear to me that the tripadvisor experience in not real and people can call there friends in order to do damage.
I am calling to get this competitor a warning in the mode that does use your system.