We booked Russell Cottage through one of the last minute websites and got a very good deal. It's often hit and miss when you book hotels on these websites but I can honestly say this was one of the best places we have stayed anywhere in the world.
The cottages were beautifully decorated and furnished, extremely spacious... in fact larger than our house at home! The full kitchen and laundry facilities were very welcome after we had spent a week or so roughing it around NZ, and of course the big bath for long soaks.
We stayed at the cottages in winter time and unfortunately it rained the two days we were there, but we enjoyed the gas fire and warmth of the cottage and had a very relaxing time.
The managers were very friendly and we would definitely go back, but next time with a group of family and friends as it is the perfect place to stay with a group as the cottages are just like a small house.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built from traditional timber weather board, the three and four bedroom cottages have solid timber floors, raked timber ceilings and are fully appointed to a very high standard. Sold as 1 & 2 bedroom cottages as well as 3 & 4 bedroom, Russell Cottages has accommodation to suit all, from couples and honeymooners to families and groups, up to 8 can sleep in one cottage. Space to work, to entertain, to relax, and to host family and friends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Russell Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Russell Cottages Hotel Russell
- Russell Cottages New Zealand - Bay Of Islands