We stayed here for four nights, at last minute after our resort location in Paihia fell through. We asked for a 2-person rate and paid $150 per night, they closed off the second level and we did not pay for any room services. Great value. We stayed in house #12 and would recommend it.
The cottages were located close to town (everything is within a stone's throw), the gardens are nicely maintained. We did not use the pool onsite but it looked clean and open at all hours.
It might be worth noting that the furniture and floorings are very nice although there are signs of some wear and tear so there are some imperfections but to me this adds to the character and so did not bother us at all.
There was a full kitchen and laundry facilities (washer and dryer), clothes horse for drying clothes outside and plenty of tea as well as a small milk when we arrived. (I think the only thing we didn't have in the building was kitchen towels).
Russell is quaint and much nicer than Paihia. Russell cottages is a great location and option for accommodation if you like self-catering.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built from traditional timber weather board, the three and four bedroom cottages have solid timber floors, raked timber ceilings and are fully appointed to a very high standard. Sold as 1 & 2 bedroom cottages as well as 3 & 4 bedroom, Russell Cottages has accommodation to suit all, from couples and honeymooners to families and groups, up to 8 can sleep in one cottage. Space to work, to entertain, to relax, and to host family and friends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Russell Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Russell Cottages Hotel Russell
- Russell Cottages New Zealand - Bay Of Islands