“Delicious meal with 5* views”
Review of sally's restaurant

sally's restaurant
Ranked #4 of 23 Restaurants in Russell
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
New Zealand
“Delicious meal with 5* views”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We stopped by Sally's for lunch and found a table outside looking to the harbour. With no menu's we took turns to look at the blackboard menu inside, we had to order there anyway.

We ordered fish and chips - tasty fish but the chips were a bit undercooked, and the calamari with salad - this was way better that I expected, full of flavour and not at all greasy.

Being a holiday weekend, they were pretty busy but the meals came out in lighting speed, even the mix up with table numbers and orders was dealt with quickly and with no fuss or bother, but with the right amount of recovery (it really was no big deal so not too over the top).

My ice chocolate was... okay but nothing remarkable, I'd probably go for something else next time.

We didn't end up sampling the homemade baked goods but boy did they look tempting.

Overall, a very pleasant lunch.

• Polish first
Kawakawa, New Zealand
“Relaxing and yummy”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We stopped for brunch at Sally's after a walk to Russell. People were very friendly, food and drinkes served quickly and breakfast was delicious. Lovely relaxing place to brunch!

Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
“Good decent home cooking”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

The restaurant has a great situation overlooking the bay and wharf in Russell. The food is not fancy but good honest cooking and very much enjoyed by my wife and myself sitting at an outside table watching the boats and ferries come and go. We ate twice here having enjoyed the food so much the first time. If the sun is shining try to get an outside table right by the edge of the beach and enjoy!

• Visited March 2014
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very poor over-priced food”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Seafood over-cooked, on a bland pasta, and over-priced. The fish and chips - contained fresh snapper, but in a heavy over-cooked batter. Could get better at our local chippy for 1/5 the price. All meals came with chips from a bag. For these prices I'd expect hand-made chips. Waitress got the wine wrong - if it was this alone I wouldn't have minded, but easily the worst value meal I've eaten in NZ. We should have eaten at the Swordfish Club upstairs as planned.

Istanbul, Turkey
“Something new for me”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

When I ordered the pan fried scallops, i had no idea they'd be served with their roe. It was a first for me, and I loved it. Everything we ordered was great, including the raw oysters and seafood chowder. The service was quick, friendly and attentive. The interior of the restaurant is lovely.

Visited April 2014