“Hands on petting zoo”

13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Hands on petting zoo”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Great little hands on petting zoo. You can buy food to feed the animals. Children can also nurse a rabbit and the guinea pigs. Horse rides are available.

Visited February 2014

London, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great experience”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Loved it all! Very interesting and you can touch some of the animals. Trekking is done with experienced riders around the beautiful local countryside

Visited January 2014
Havelock North, New Zealand
3 attraction reviews
“Awesome, just awesome!”
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Hi Dyan,

I just wanted to thank you for a superb trek this afternoon. Lexxie had a wonderful hour or so on Casper and I have put her to bed tonight with the widest smile that you can ever imagine.

Please will you pass my thanks onto all of the girls that accompanied us on the trek? Each and everyone of them was brilliant. They all had time for us, made great conversation and made us feel so welcome.

I certainly will be recommending Hawke's Bay Farmyard Zoo to everyone that I talk to and I have posted an album on my facebook page entitled "HBFZ" just showing everyone what a great day we had.

Many, many thanks once again.

Hayley (with a sore but worth it butt this evening!!!)

Visited January 2014
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Love this place. ”
Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

We have been to the farm park about five times now, the first few times with our kids and now they are grown up we still enjoy going on our own. The park is always clean and tidy and the animals are clearly well cared for. Always a pleasure to visit. Highly recommend to anyone that loves animals.

Melbourne
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun animal experience and awesome horse trek”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

This place was awesome. Our cruise ship docked in Napier for the day and we hired a car to come out here. My husband and I really enjoyed the animals (it’s not just for kids)! It’s really affordable and the cups of food only cost $1, which is well worth it because it allows you to interact with the animals much more. We spent a few hours there and loved every minute of it!

Part of our trip to farmyard zoo was to do a horse trek. We did the hill country trek, which is a two hour ride that costs $95 per person. It was just my husband and I on this trip and the guide took us up through the beautiful hilly countryside on our easily manageable horses. The guide was very knowledgeable and great company on the trek. He took photos for us throughout the trip and gave clear and helpful guidance on how to manage the horses. The ride is quite suitable for beginners, but I think experienced riders would also enjoy it and have an opportunity to canter etc. (just make sure you tell them that when you book so they organise to get appropriate horses out).
We had a fantastic time!

Visited November 2013