“Beautiful lunch in the Hawkes Bay sun”
Review of Ten Twenty Four

Ten Twenty Four
Ranked #7 of 89 Restaurants in Hastings
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Kent Baddely is the owner/chef. Using local fresh produce his creations are outstanding in flavour, technique and presentation.
wellington
“Beautiful lunch in the Hawkes Bay sun”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Went for lunch for the first time and since it was a gorgeous day sat outside in the courtyard .. The meals were beautifully presented and cooked and flavours amazing. Service is a wee bit slow but we weren't in a rush! We definitely be back !

• Visited June 2014

Napier, New Zealand
“Great Kentagarian Food!”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We had been meaning to visit Ten Twenty Four for ages and having finally done so we're sorry we didn't sooner. The choice for dining in HB for inventive, flavoursome vegetarian food is pretty limited but this establishment is a beacon. There were four "Kentagarian" options when we visited and having shared two we can't wait to visit again to try the other two.

The list of wine by the glass is not extensive but in my estimation skilfully chosen. The service was very good, the setting light and airy and the food was fantastic. The balance of flavours was masterful. The bread to start was probably the best I've had locally - a moist, toasted ciabatta set aside powered green peas and a finely slivered parmigiano-reggiano (it would be a crime to call it grated) with kale butter. Delicious, as were our mains of nori rolls with egg and spinach and mozzarella stuffed peppers. The dishes were enhanced by a stuffed tomato with the peppers and small orzo and eggplant dish with the nori rolls.

I can't speak for any of the meat dishes but we would absolutely recommend this restaurant to vegetarians.

• Visited July 2014
Hawke's Bay
“A lunchtime experience!”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Lunch at tentwentyfour - haven't been for a while - if anything the meal was even more classy, interesting and exciting than before. The salmon starter was a riot of flavours in an edible dish on a black slate platter. Then the main of two way pork with tamarillo, just lovely, beautifully cooked and plated. The service was still friendly, informative and professional.
Altogether a memorable meal for a special occasion. I won't be waiting as long to return next time.

• Visited July 2014
“Bread dish to die for, but .....”
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

This has been my favourite restaurant when visiting Hawke's Bay. Always with a group of 10 to 15. I had built it up to my travelling party. Wow, the bread dish for starters was probably the best I have had anywhere. Different and delicious! The mains were quite differently presented than in summer when I have been. Gone was the amazing colour and presentation, replaced by "hearty" meals. They were still very good but not the X or wow factor I have experienced previously. One in our group had the Flying Mouton Pinot Noir and raved about it. The head waiter, Peter, did a great job as always. I didn't hear it but a couple of ladies in our group were not impressed with some of the verbal arguments coming out of the kitchen. No need to be a Gordon Ramsey! I'll be back but next time I want to be 'wowed' again.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Phil I
Auckland
“Vistors from Auckland who love this restaurant”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We travel to Hawkes Bay fairly regularly and we always try to have one special meal while we are in the area. So we have tried many of the restaurants, especially the winery type ones and by and large they are all very good. But 1024 is our favourite.
We love the care that is taken with the presentation and thought that goes behind the meals. The effort that is made to use local incredients, including the wine list. And that the prices are very reasonable for the wonderful food you receive.
The last two times we have dined here we have had the R&D (Research and Development) - Degustation menu and we love it. Although this time we were served ox tongue and although my husband did try it he just couldn't get past the texture. He didn't like it at all. We were not expecting his meal to be replaced but that is exactly what happened. Such a nice thing to do, and totally unexpected. I loved the ox tongue by the way, I was quite prepared to eat his helping as well.
So if you are down in the glorious Hawkes Bay, and want to try some regional flavours, lovingly and passionately presented. I would say give 1024 a go

• Visited June 2014