“Local Doctor Says "Top Thai" in Hastings or Napier”
Review of Thai Orchid

Thai Orchid
Ranked #19 of 94 Restaurants in Hastings
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 May 2013

I've been a local police medical doctor for many years and often have to dash to Hastings on a job. I always treat myself if its dinner time at this particular Thai restaurant. I've travelled extensively in Asia and can honestly say, that while its hard to duplicate all the lovely smells and tastes of Thailand, this restaurant comes the CLOSEST to the real thing.

Try the Crispy Pork Salad -- spicy.

Recommended.

Reviewed 9 April 2013

First visit here and was VERY IMPRESSED! Setting/presentation/friendly service. Can not fault. The food presentation and taste excelled!! A great place for both groups or that intermit setting for a romatic evening. Loved it and can not recommend highly enough!

Reviewed 24 February 2013

My husand and I and friends visited the Thai Orchid.We had come up from Wgtn to the Mission Concert and we were staying in Hastings. We certainly chose a great restaurant. The food was tasty, delicious, and presented beautifully. The staff were exceptionally friendly. Thoroughly enjoyed our evening we will certainly be back when we revisit Hastings.

Reviewed 18 February 2013

My husband and I have visited Thai Orchid on several occasions - whenever we're in Hawke's Bay. We've found the staff to be friendly and helpful, and the food delicious. They even made my husband a korma that wasn't on the menu! The restaurant is beautifully decorated and authentic, making for a very pleasant dining experience. They also have a takeaway menu available. Highly recommended.