“Value for money”
Review of Siesta Motel

Siesta Motel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Remuera
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We found this motel to be quite accommodating. For the price we paid we cant complain. The bed was very comfortable and found the service suitable for us. They weren't intrusive and we got lost on our way there. They did all that they could do to make sure we found our way and allowed us to arrive earlier than usual. Close enough to the city. We couldn't make the WIFI work no matter how many times we put the code in but it wasn't any drama to us. May stay there again, however preferred to be right in Auckland itself within walking distance of everything. Need a car if staying here.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mutesmum

Reviewed 9 April 2013

Motel was ideally placed for Eden Park and cricket, it was a leisurely 2.3 miles walk through the suburbs of Mt Eden an enjoyable stroll. Remuera Railway station 10 mins walk away and the Motel is on a regular bus route. The hotel was basic, but the fridge and cooking facilities were adequate. The bed was okay, shower was adequate. It was a basic room that needed renovating. It is definitely a budget hotel but you get what you pay for. I had no trouble from main road or rail line and slept very well. Overall its gets an "average" rating from.

The room smelt a little stale but I got used to it. The staff wanted payment prior to me taking occupancy which I found very odd. I have always paid at the end. The Wi-Fi is intermittent and should be improved. I had to open the outside door to get a signal. Bathroom was a little small.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 January 2013

I don't normally complain about places but this one I felt the need to just because it was so bad. The level of customer service here is just appalling. Tried ringing reception several times without success. Greeted by a very unfriendly man who clearly didn't want to be there and I was obviously making him have to do work. As for the room well. What can I say. Have stayed in cheaper motels with much better rooms. This was in desperate need of a refresh. Curtains did not block any light. Windows did not shut properly. Not that it made a difference as you had the highway and railway on one side and a main road on the other. Don't plan on any sleep. Housekeeping. What a joke. Was asked if I wanted anything done. Surely house keeping should just come and do it. Came back to bed exactly as I left it on a couple of occasions. Personally I have stayed in many motels over the years and this has to be one of the few I never thought existed anymore in the terms of standards and quality of service. All Im would say is if you want to stay around the Newmarket area along this road is many many more motels to choose from. I know I will be looking at others next time.

Room Tip: Look at the other motels along the same street
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 December 2012

Room was dirty and smelly. The noise from the main road outside my window was quite unpleasant and sleep depriving. The advertised free internet also failed to appear. Looks like they went to the local jumble sale for furniture and fittings. There is no good house keeping at all we stayed. WE WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN !!! Pay more for a good place we know we will be.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank M00810
Reviewed 12 May 2012

Most of the place was very clean except for the shower (pink mould). The TV hardly worked in the 2 days we were there and the heater was so noisy and wiring looked very dodgy! Bed was very comfortable. There were cheaper motels up the road but don't know what they were like.

Room Tip: Get room further from the main road
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fayenz
Reviewed 20 January 2012

....Prior to staying here at Siesta, I spent 2 nights at another motel at $160 per night, and the premises were awful. Dirty, tired, broken/missing lights, no free internet access, and the list goes on.
2 nights at this prior establishment was enough for me.
I found Siesta online, and am spending my second night here tonight, for $99 per night. (How cheap is that?!)
The staff are fantastic, the premises are clean and fresh, and despite being on a main road the apartment is extremely quiet. I have everything I need here, and more. I will definitely be using and reccomending this motel to all of my friends and clients.
Hurray for not-overly-priced, good quality accomodation with fantastic staff. Thankyou Siesta. Great stuff. Ingrid

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank Ingrid A
Reviewed 4 April 2010

Having just stayed at Siesta for 4 nights, I feel eminently qualified to write a review. I booked online, I arrived at 2pm on the day booked...and I was allocated a very pleasant room - the second unit from the road. I was travelling by motorbike and was particularly pleased to be able to park my bike right outside my door. The room was clean, roomy, well organised with a delightfully comfortable double bed, plus a large couch which could fold to a double bed. There was excellent storage with a good sized wardrobe, a suitcase rack, table and chairs etc. Although I didn't require a kitchen, opting for the $85 "no kitchen" option, still I had use of a microwave, toaster, refrigerator, cutlery, plates etc.
The rooms are clean and quiet. This is a motel just a short stroll to the Newmarket shops, and I walked downtown to Auckland CBD every day. If you're not up for a lengthy walk, public transport is very efficient and close to the motel. Oh and free wifi is all part of the deal! The owner is always smiling and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled solo
4  Thank 1nterceptor
Also consider these accommodations in or near Remuera
The Devereux Boutique Hotel
Best Western President Hotel Auckland
Best Western President Hotel Auc...
#31 of 66 in Auckland Central
#37 of 66 in Auckland Central
Oaktree Motel
Oaktree Motel
#45 of 66 in Auckland Central

Been to Siesta Motel? Share your experiences!