“A perfect hotel when you have an early plane to catch”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Trondheim Airport
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Stjordal
Reviewed 16 September 2012

We spent a short night at the Radisson Blu because we had a very early flight next morning. We arrived quite late and checked out early so we didn't have time to explore the hotel, but as it's almost brand new everything seems in perfect working order. The hotel has a modern and minimalistic style, which may not be to everyone's liking.
Our room was modern and clean, and the beds were comfortable. Our room was at the end of a long corridor, so it was quite a walk to get there just to sleep. The railroad is passing just below the end of the hotel, and I could hear a few trains before I fell asleep. Luckily I could not hear any planes. The hotel offers free Wi-Fi, and the signal was very strong in our room.
The main thing with this hotel is that it's so close to the airport, and it's close to the parking garage too. Just park the car and walk across the street to the hotel. And in the morning it's just a short walk to the airport. This autumn there's some construction work between the hotel and the airport building, so we had to walk in the street some of the way. But the traffic isn't very heavy, so it's not a big problem.
I cannot comment on the breakfast as we didnt have it. The priority was to get as much sleep as possible. But the breakfast starts at 5:00 so the early risers can have a quick bite before checking out.
The staff were friendly, polite and efficient.
This hotel isn't exactly cheap, but the close proximity to the airport is great for travellers.
But if you're not keen on staring at planes then one night may be enough.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank oskaalb

Reviewed 6 September 2012

Going on a business trip is not always rewarding hotel wise, and certainly not easy regarding options. This time I tried the Radisson Blu for a change, after a rather disappointing stay in Helsinki one year ago. The hotel took me by surprise, with a spacious entrance/bar area and a modern style. Rather new and located at the airport it is practical for many reasons, and the proximity to the runway is not a problem regarding noise.
The rooms are nice, with a water boiler and coffee/tea, and a desk. A small table and a chair is also available. There is a view of the fjord and surrounding mountains on one side of the hotel. Breakfast is very nice, a good selection of hot and cold dishes. I had my dinner in the hotel restaurant, a little expensive but very good. The area around the hotel is currently full of construction work, so there are some limitations to where you can walk.
I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 July 2012

I was traveling alone and catching an early morning flight to Copenhagen. Thus I checked in the Radisson Blu Airport Hotel.
I received call at 1.55am from a man that he wanted to get into my room. I was surprised that why the man knew that I was traveling alone. Thus, I feel that the hotel is not safe and lady who travels alone is being watched.
I feedback to the receptionist but I guess they can't do anything about it. This is the attitude that she gave me when I feedback to the hotel.
Location is good. Just have to be more careful for lady traveller.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank IvorynGold
Reviewed 28 June 2012

After a long flight from the States, it was such a joy to have a clean, quiet room to sleep in before taking the train in the morning for further travels. I contemplated saving money by simply taking the train after my flight, this avoiding the cost of the hotel room. I'm so glad I chose to pony up a few bucks instead. I am still here and after a long sleep and shower feel revitalized.

The trains leave from the hotel and flights are 1/2 block away. I would never know it. I haven't heard anything but the beautiful sounds of stillness. What joy to have convenience and solitude all in one!

The staff are very friendly, even providing me with an electrical adaptor when I forgot my own.

Wish I could give it six stars. Thanks Radisson Blu! I'll be back on my way back to the states.

Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Heather B
Reviewed 21 June 2012

Loacted nextdoor to the airport. Nice rooms and good soundproofing.

Be aware in the nathroom when taking a shower - keep everything out of the bathroom. If you have a room with shower as one of my collegues had there is only one dorr in front of the shower. Meaning that everything is getting wet.

If you have a bathtub teher is a small glasswall, but tha water is still all over the floor. This is beacuse there is openings around the small glasswal leaving space for the water. These two solutions seems not very well designed.

The breakfast was ok, but not the best I've seen. Not bad at all, but could do better also.

Overall a nice hotel, with helpful people in the reception.

Excellent food in the restaurant, but quite pricy.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 June 2012

Located right next to the airport, I was a walk-in guest with no reservation. The reception desk was professional and efficient and had live flight information displayed on a mounted screen. The elevators and hallways were wide and accommodating to people with large luggage.

My room was quite spacious - decorated and fitted in the typical Radisson Blu format. The view was of an empty lot with dirt and rocks, which I found so terrible that it was actually cute.

The acoustics of the room was weird, it was very soundproof and quiet for runway and airport noise - but you could easily hear noises from people the hallway. It wasn't loud enough to be annoying but enough to notice and remember.

There was a coffee kettle/machine provided, but no plug anywhere close to plug it in - which was a little weird. One of the bedside lamps had a dead lightbulb.

Buffet breakfast provided and for a fee can be delivered to your room - which I did, and was delivered on time and in abundance. Overall it's an extremely convenient and functional hotel for stranded or in-transit travellers who just need a place to sleep for one night - anything longer I would suggest booking in the city.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 April 2012

I stayed 1 night here, after driving 12 hours straight I was looking forward to a good nights sleep. I guess I was unlucky and got a room near the elevator, I heard the sound of the elevator and aircrew clattering all night long. I also had to pay for parking. Had breakfast and that was very poor aswell, very limited selection. All in all very poor.

Room Tip: Make sure u dont get a room near the elevator.